• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafes - when?

Michelleox

Mama Doe
I don't know about other areas of the country tonight but it's really cold here in Oxford.

So I am wondering when everyone starts using their Snugglesafes? As this time last year Amber was on her own (but in a smaller hutch) and was under a year old, I used it generally when it went under 5c. Now she has her lovely husbun (but in a much bigger hutch) they will snuggle up and have extra heat. Obviously they will have lots and lots of straw:)

When do you start heating yours up?

I use mine for the water bowls to stop them freezing. My buns prefer each other and rarely snuggle to the snugglesafe. GPs however love it.

yes but now im in a dilema, because i was going to adopt another bunny to keep her warm too, or do i just buy a snugglesafe instead?:roll:

I've given my buns their Snugglesafe tonight. I don't usually give it to them unless the temperature is due to drop to around zero but it was so damp outside as well as cold that I thought they might appreciate it.

I always put it under their vetbed and there have never been any chewing issues with it - although they do chew the vetbed. :shock:

They seemed very happy when it arrived and immediately sat together on the vetbed warming their bunny butts.:)

I only use snugglesafes if the bun is unwell or had an op of some sort and that's pretty much anytime of the year. They tend to develop their own winter protection and I have never lost a bunny to the cold. I think as long as the hutch is well insulated and there are no draughts I wouldn't use a snugglesafe personally.

Agree, mine usually spurn the snugglesafe and end up sat on the cold concrete no matter what I provide them with :roll: The only time I've ever seen any of mine use one is when they were ill or recovering from an op.

This year I'll give one to my foster buns as they might use it (didn't have them last year) and try it with my young trio and see if they do, but if they don't I'll just be using them under water bowls.

I start using mine when it turns really cold, usuaully Jan/Feb time although, as cazza said, my two never sit on it anyway and just park themselves somewhere out in the run anyway. :lol::lol:

I think it's more important to ensure the hutch is free from draughts/damp and give them somewhere snuggly to retreat to if they choose. :)

Ah so what you are all saying is that i'm too soft!:lol::lol::lol::p

Amber LOVED her Snunnglesafe and i had to slide her off it even when it was cold:)

Back