• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Collected Some Autumn Leaves Today.......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.........and made this....

010-43.jpg

:)

oddly enough . . . the pre-Raphaelite artist Dante Gabriel Rossetti was the first person in this country to own a wombat - he and the rest of the brotherhood believed wombats were closer to god that any other creature! (obviously non of them had a rabbit!!):)

Last edited:
oddly enough . . . the pre-Raphaelite artist Date Gabriel Rossetti was the first person in this country to own a wombat - he and the rest of the brotherhood believed wombats were closer to god that any other creature! (obviously non of them had a rabbit!!):)

Crikey, you are a mine of information !!

Crikey, you are a mine of information !!

Yes well . . wrote a book called 'Crocodile in the Fernery - A A-Z of animals in the garden'

A sort of bedside book of short entries on all the odd pets people had tried to keep in gardens (historical stuff). Rossetti had loads - peacocks, wombats, Brahmin bull (said it reminded him of his mistress Jane Morris - William Morris's wife), armadillos etc etc His sister (Christina Rossetti) wrote poetry in Italian to the wombat praising its roundness.

ahh thats lovely Jane

Thank you Sally :)

Yes well . . wrote a book called 'Crocodile in the Fernery - A A-Z of animals in the garden'

A sort of bedside book of short entries on all the odd pets people had tried to keep in gardens (historical stuff). Rossetti had loads - peacocks, wombats, Brahmin bull (said it reminded him of his mistress Jane Morris - William Morris's wife), armadillos etc etc His sister (Christina Rossetti) wrote poetry in Italian to the wombat praising its roundness.

I feel a Google coming on to look for an online stockist..................

DONT LOOK GUYS, I AM ABOUT TO GOOGLE WHILST ONLY WEARING MY NIGHTIE......................
:shock:

Back