• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I persuade her...?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Guys, I need your help! Ginger and Pickles have just gone back in their shed after 3 weeks of being house buns. Their heater is full on and they have a snugglesafe, but it feels really cold in there after the house, and they both look really miserable. Ginger is so thin and I'm really worried that all his food will be going into keeping him warm.

Here's the thing anyway: I know my mum would never let me have them in my room all winter (the woodshavings and hay get EVERYWHERE and tread through the house), but I want to persuade her to let me have them in their indoor cage in the TV room, in our converted outbuilding. It's a wood floor so the woodshavings thing shouldn't be a problem, and she never goes in there anyway. The buns would be out in the shed all day between about 9 and 5, but in their cage indoors at night. I really, really want to do this, but I know my mum and I can't see that she'd go for it. How on earth can I pursuade her?!

Have you thought of cutting out the woodshavings? I did this when my buns were indoors and used newspaper and an old towel to line their cage, with hay in a box. It stops a lot of the mess and you could could get one of those mini dust-buster hoover things (think about £10-£20?) to clear up any bits on a daily basis. Would that help to convince your Mum? Good luck! :wave:

Explain to her that if they stay outside, they may become ill, which is going to cost a fortune in vets bills, not to mention the animal welfare issues.

Ok, my mum is actually an official ANGEL!! Before I even worked up the courage to ask her, she said 'You can bring the boys in for the winter if you want'! it's sooo sweet of her cuz I know she hates the mess (I reckon she has a mild form of OCD). She's a star! :love:

Back