• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bun going out

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Am i right in thinking it is too late in the year for this to happen, or with adequate bedding and a snugglesafe, that it would be okay? :?

The last few weeks have been mild but night time temperatures are really dropping over the next few days so personally I wouldn't do it.

I'm not sure I would do it either. Too risky, I think. I'm still worrying about those I moved out at the start of August getting cold :lol:

Hmm. Ive had Dixie in since she had her babies, which was Oct 2nd. I tried to put her out a few weeks back, and it made her poorly (upset tummy) So shes back inside now and will stay in for winter :) I dont think its worth the risk, the temp drops too low at night :(

:wave: I am letting Gizmo out for a quick run around a few times a day, he tends to bomb around a bit, binky a few times then come in and flop - I think he thinks he is a little dog!:lol: This is alright though isn't it - he isn't sitting outside he tends to run back in after about 10 mins or so ?

:wave: I am letting Gizmo out for a quick run around a few times a day, he tends to bomb around a bit, binky a few times then come in and flop - I think he thinks he is a little dog!:lol: This is alright though isn't it - he isn't sitting outside he tends to run back in after about 10 mins or so ?

I assumed Kris was talking about moving one outside to live permanently :)

:wave: I think he was :lol: I was just being a bit random, I think he is OK with what I am doing - he runs around so fast anyway he doesn't have chance to get cold :)

Well i am not very ladylike :lol:

One of the buns was due to be rehomed but is indoors currently at her foster home, but was to be going to a shed/avairy setup.

Personally my cut off point for a complete change in living is mid september so they at least get some chance of developing a winter coat before the cold nights set in :?

I had to do this with Autumn this time last year, so OH wouldn't let me keep her inside til spring, She was fine, lot of straw and hay, a snugglesafe, and well protected hutch. She also had another bun to snuggle up with.

Back