• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could this be a solution?

Dustyrabbit

Warren Veteran
A little history - We have 2 buns, a brother and sister, they were separated to neuter and despite 2 attempts, one at home and one by a friend who runs a small rescue and is experienced in these things, they have failed to rebond :( Each attempt ending in locked on fighting. Maisey wanting to be dominant and Fizz not having any of that!

They are a little over a year now and have a nice enclosure, 6ft x 8ft with a coop inside for nightime, as they are not bonded they have to share this by alternating with time in another coop outside the enclosure.

With winter coming on it seems such a shame that they are separate and cannot take full advantage of the bunny enclosure, one having to be in the other coop wrapped up against the wet weather - today it occured to me that I could bring one of them in for the winter, leaving the other to enjoy the full use of the enclosure. They are both used to coming indoors and are happy although Fizz is not so bold as Maisey and is more easily upset by noises etc so I guess Maisey would be the prime candidate to be indoor bun, but would Fizz be lonely? Although he's always alone Maisey is nearby, in sight and sound.

I have yet to run this past the husband, we've had a houserabbit before so I know he doesn't mind that although he would prefer the two of them got along and share, thought I'd see what you guys thought first!

Perhaps Fizz could find love with another bun?

I'd only bring one in if I was CERTAIN to be getting a friend for the Bun remaining outdoors. Having another Bun within sight/smell/sound is better than being totally alone IMO :)

:lol: I had a feeling the extra bun would go down well!

We've been a bit stuck thinking we don't really have the room to have 2 pairs, giving each one of them a partner - it was intended of course for them to be together, they came to us as girls!

I'll have to speak to the husband about the possibilites of another bun, catch him in a good mood!

I'd only bring one in if I was CERTAIN to be getting a friend for the Bun remaining outdoors. Having another Bun within sight/smell/sound is better than being totally alone IMO :)

Yes I understand - it seems they are happy to live side by side, have their grass runs side by side just will not tolerate being together.

Back