• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuit had a bunny MOT and vet thinks I am loopy

Biscuit Bunny

Alpha Buck
Biscuit had another episode of stasis last week, luckily caught very early again (although I had to take half day's A/L, rushed home to medicate and give tummy rubs, bunny will be getting me the sack lol).

So yesterday took her to see Anthony at Campanion care in Portsmouth for bunny MOT:

Checked feet
Cut nails
Took Temp
Checked ears
Checked heart
Checked weight (now the correct weight woo hoo)
Checked teeth
Checked bottom
Given more metacam and Zantac to take away

Laughed at us, when we admitted she had her own room :oops:

Answered all my worried mummy questions.

Now £48 lighter ouch

Then some chavy kid was shouting "whats in there and trying to pull her towel off her cage arghhhh" Brilliant vets but always so busy that kept waiting ages and because in the store with children and dogs etc SO noisey, very stressful for my poor bun :(

I also find waiting at the vets can be very stressful for the buns. It would be nice if they could have seperate areas for small animals to be kept away from the traffic of the main reception and all the other dogs etc.

I also find waiting at the vets can be very stressful for the buns. It would be nice if they could have seperate areas for small animals to be kept away from the traffic of the main reception and all the other dogs etc.

They had a quiet room in my old vet's in Andover which was ideal, it wouldn't take much effort to do surely.

pearl detests the vets, i can feel her fear. i put a towel over the carrier but it still dont help :(

sounds like the MOT went well :D:D:D

Harley loves the vets he always tries to climb on the vets keyboard and puts he nose all over her monitor, Honey on the over hand clings on to me she hates the vets with a passion

Hi Clare
So sorry Biscuits not been well again:(:(. Poor Girl.
As for the vets laughing at her having her own room, they obviously haven't been on here and seen how many very spoilt bunnies there are!!!:):):)

And yes, I would love to be able to take mine somwhere quiet at the vets too. I once had to sit and listen to a ladies dog barking and her saying "ooh Look those kittens are shaking":evil::evil::evil: I know Eric and Ernie are unusual, but for gods sake!! They were trembling and she didn't even tell the dog to be quiet. SOme people:evil::evil:

Back