• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny Noises

Flutterby81

Young Bun
Hi All

Went out to Roger, Binky and Piper last night and they were all in their hutch, where as normally they run to the front (of the open shed we have them in) as soon as they hear me (love or probably because i have food!).

When i went in Roger started thumping and the other 2 looked really nervous. When they eventually came down he was still thumping and making a humming sound before hand. They are all really friendly buns and i checked them over and they were fine. Nothing can get to them but i am really worried -he is still eating and drinking and came over for a stroke.

Is this normal?

Something might have startled them especially with all the wind and rain we have had. Not sure about the noise

Thanks Kath:wave:

Only had them a couple of weeks but they always run up and i have to fight my way in! :roll: Was worried last night as they were all just huddled up with Roger stamping away!

They weren't fussed when Nick was mowing the lawn or chopping up logs or even when dad was drilling in their area(and they were trying help-we had to put dad in the run so that they couldn't get to him!!:lol::lol: He is very taken with them).

Next door have 3 cats that are let out, is there anything i can use to get them to stay away-moth balls or something?

Yes my lot always help wit things in the garden :D Waterpistols might work with the cats? Im not really sure as I have two and they are good with the rabbits

my two have done that humming noise as they have stamped before. it's just their breathing i was told. matt did it once when i tried to pick him up for medicine time! :roll:

Went out last night and they all came running up-which made me smile!

Going to go and get some treats for them today and see if i can't find some moth balls or something to get rid of the cats!

Have bought a battery radio for Bonfire night and i think Nick is going to make another 'blind' tomorrow for the door so that they can't see any bright flashes.

Get yourself to focus or a diy shop, they do stuff to keep cats away.

We had problems with cats in out back yard, everytime I let my buns out in summer I would have cats in later on.

We got some gel stuff what you squirt onto walls and fence posts, after a couple of time applying it they didnt seem to come in anymore.

Got it from focus, oviously had to be carefull none of it went were bunnys could get to.

Donz x

That great, thank you. Will get some this weekend!

We have 2 cats but they stay indoor, one is a British Shorthair that the breeder said wasn't up to spec(she has a short tail!) so was getting rid of 'it' (when my husband went to see them it was in a cardboard box away from the other kittens-so god knows!) and the other is an exotic shorthair who still gets scared by the slightest noise. So they don't scare them but we do say if anything comes into the house like a spider or a fly its fair game.
They aren't the most active cats as it is!

Back