• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG- Now Rowan :(

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I have just found Rowan dead in the run. What the hell is going on?! First I put Elsa in with Sammy and she was dead within a few months. Then Willow, dead in less than a month and now Rowan within a few weeks:cry::cry::cry: What the hell is going on?! I was treating them both with Panacur. I think Sammy may have to live on his own from now on.:cry::cry:

No bleeding, nothing. Just stretched out dead this morning. She seemed fine last night when I checked them around 9pm. I just don't know. :cry: She is buried now so no pm. I couldn't really afford to have one done anyway.

Sometimes the haemorrhaging is not evident externally :cry:

The only other thing that comes to mind is coccidiosis

What a dreadful situation for you :cry:

I'm so sorry, you must be devastated. :(:(

Without a pm I guess you won't know for sure. However, Willow had to be pts as it was suspected she had broken her neck didn't she? If that's the case, sadly it's just bad luck I think and not related. :(

Thanks all. It has been a pretty grim week really as my OH has lost his job too. It was meant to be 2 weeks on 2 weeks off until 10th December, giving us enough money to see us into the new year but he has only had 2 weeks work and now they are 'down-manning' so he has been taken off the rig. Nightmare. Everything at once. At least things can only get better now, surely!

Thanks all. It has been a pretty grim week really as my OH has lost his job too. It was meant to be 2 weeks on 2 weeks off until 10th December, giving us enough money to see us into the new year but he has only had 2 weeks work and now they are 'down-manning' so he has been taken off the rig. Nightmare. Everything at once. At least things can only get better now, surely!

Oh no, I hope some work comes his way soon. Although I guess things are not easy up there as far as employment goes :cry:

I'm so sorry about both aspects of your bad news.
I wonder what your neighbours - the crofters & fishermen think happened to your buns. Shetlanders were very aware of what was going on with both wild & domestic animals & news soon got round!

Back