• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The new vet

*Bex*

Mama Doe
There is a new vet at my surgery that i saw when i took Polo for his VHD and Flopsy for a teeth check the other day.

She checked Flopsys teeth by feeling her jaw :? she didn't look in her mouth at all. When Flopsys teeth are bad it effects her tongue, how can she tell that without looking in there :?

I was going to say something but then i thought i don't know if i will actually trust her looking inside her mouth seeing as she wasn't going to bother.

I'll be taking her back to see Jonathan this week and i'll mention to him that she didn't check properly, hopefully he will say something to her so she doesn't do it to anymore buns

I've seen them feel along their jaws before, but i just thought it was very weird that she never even mentioned looking in her mouth. Could she tell if her molars were becoming overgrown just by touching?

I just feel like i should take her back to have her mouth looked in, i don't want something to have been missed in her mouth then for her to get ill :(

I've seen them feel along their jaws before, but i just thought it was very weird that she never even mentioned looking in her mouth. Could she tell if her molars were becoming overgrown just by touching?

I just feel like i should take her back to have her mouth looked in, i don't want something to have been missed in her mouth then for her to get ill :(

She would be able to feel any lumpiness which would indicate tooth root elongation. But a Bun can still get molar spurs without having elongated tooth roots.

Back