• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i really hate it when........

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
i see my bunnys lying down all relaxed with there eyes open, having found 2 of my bunnys dead in that exact same position, it sends chill down my spine and i have to poke them to make sure all is well.:?
will a bunny ever be able to relax at my house.....i hope so..:lol:

Unfortunately, I know what you mean:(

When my bunnies flop like that my heart stops and I get light-headed because it really scares me. I watch them to see if I can see them breathe before I am brave enough to actually move. I normally just get a look of disgust from them when I wake them up:lol:

it's awful . coco throws herself to the floor with a bang. she always looks wide eyed and looks in shock:shock: scares me to death, and rexy has his eyes at half mast and just looks a bit gormless bless him:lol::lol:

I hate it when my bunnies do that too. It scares the life out of me, I normally watch them for a timy minute and then say their names or give them a little poke with my heart pounding and then as you say there is a look of disgust and then they ignore me for a while.

im the same with nala shes always flopped over asleep and it takes loads to wake her

if u clap call her name she ignores so i generally fling a treat in her direction and see if she moves to eat it which she does cos shes a piggy :lol:

im slowly getting used to the dead flopped look.. my panic is Alvin sitting hunched up or in the carrier alone... i go cold with fear.. then the little git spots me and runs over and it was just an atrest pose :oops::oops::oops::oops:

I used to go out to see my first rabbit Lopsie in the morning to find him spatted on his shelf with a leg hanging off, or flopped with his head in his food bowl or the weirdest one: alseep on his shelf with his head squished between the shelf and the wire mesh of the hutch...

Poking had to happen or I would never have known. He slept in some amazing positions. :lol:

Am I weird? Cos I love it!! I cant get enough of their flopped-over-iness.

That said I am fortunate to have never been in your situation, so I can totally understand why you would freak, I totally would too!

I do look to check that their ribs are moving up and down though, so I do know what you mean. They do it so dramatically too sometimes :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: glad its not just me thats a bit bunny paranoid:lol::lol::lol:

I have a 9 year old bun that seems to be permanently flopped and out for the count, I am always checking to make sure he is breathing as sometimes even poking him doesn't stir him :?

I know what you mean I am the same with all my animals and children:oops:

I can't rest my head on my o/h chest because when I hear his heart beating I think it might stop:shock:

So I shouldn't worry. You could be a complete freak like me:lol:

I'm the same too dont worry :lol:

Rainbow's always doing this and it scares me so much! I'm not used to buns flopping and playing dead cos Jose doenst do flopping :roll: It's going to take a bit of getting used to me thinks!!

Back