• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone near me....

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
.... that would be willing to give me a hand with bonding? I dont really want to send them away to a rescue but if there is anyone with bonding experience who would come and sit with me for the first few hours then I would really appreciate the help. It is going to be a difficult one I think. I am in Nottinghamshire, near Newark.

It wont be for another few weeks but just want to try and get something sorted.

I used to live in Lincoln. I would have helped. I don't live anywhere near now though, so this is a useless post.

Consider this a 'bump' post :) hope you find someone.

no use to you but good luck.. i will be bonding my 2 near xmas time, so i will keep an eye on your posts to see how it goes..;)

I used to live in Lincoln. I would have helped. I don't live anywhere near now though, so this is a useless post.

Consider this a 'bump' post :) hope you find someone.

That would have been great! Shame you are further away now. I went to uni in Lincoln and now work there.

no use to you but good luck.. i will be bonding my 2 near xmas time, so i will keep an eye on your posts to see how it goes..;)

I have bonded pairs before but never a trio. And Strawberry was calmer then! lol

I will be posting alot when it happens! lol

Oh wow! What did you study? When were you there?

I did Maths and Education studies, started in 2004.

:lol: Maths and Education Studies. I started in 2001 though.

You must have been taught by Big Bazza.

That shirt hung up in his office? We did that for him.

:lol: Maths and Education Studies. I started in 2001 though.

You must have been taught by Big Bazza.

That shirt hung up in his office? We did that for him.

Yep he taught me! Cant say I rate him though! lol

You would have been finished the year I started. Did you not do a PGCE afterwards?

Yeh. We just missed each other. I did the PGCE but my brain broke on the final placement and I just couldn't complete the 6 weeks. Thankfully I got my degree, despite not getting the PGCE.

We used to give Baz the run around. He hated my and my mate Emily, we were so loud and gobby. Did Professor Collinson ever teach you?

Sorry, I've complete;y hijacked your thread.

Yeh. We just missed each other. I did the PGCE but my brain broke on the final placement and I just couldn't complete the 6 weeks. Thankfully I got my degree, despite not getting the PGCE.

We used to give Baz the run around. He hated my and my mate Emily, we were so loud and gobby. Did Professor Collinson ever teach you?

Sorry, I've complete;y hijacked your thread.

He didnt like me either! I was on the SU exec so was always late for lectures after being out all night! lol

Its such a shame you didnt finish the PGCE. I hope you dont mind me asking but were you ill before or did something just snap on doing the course?

He didnt like me either! I was on the SU exec so was always late for lectures after being out all night! lol

Its such a shame you didnt finish the PGCE. I hope you dont mind me asking but were you ill before or did something just snap on doing the course?

:lol: Maybe he hates all the 'characters' and only tolerates the good students.

A previous therapist could trace my problems back to being 3 or 4 years old, but at uni things got progressively worse, and come the fourth year I was in a mess at the start. I got through the first placement with amazing support from the school and my tutor (Sally Newton-my absolute favourite of all time), but after seeking doctors advice about what was going on I ended up on anti-depressants which co-incided with my final placement and they flipped me out. Now, having tried 6 different ones they all flip me out(and when I stop them I don't regain equilibrium, just end up staying bad), so I think going on the meds was what did it, to be honest. Otherwise I may have managed.

The pressure was hard though, although not as bad for those doing a straight PGCE. Plus we were the last year to get the 6 grand which helped :D

:lol: Maybe he hates all the 'characters' and only tolerates the good students.

A previous therapist could trace my problems back to being 3 or 4 years old, but at uni things got progressively worse, and come the fourth year I was in a mess at the start. I got through the first placement with amazing support from the school and my tutor (Sally Newton-my absolute favourite of all time), but after seeking doctors advice about what was going on I ended up on anti-depressants which co-incided with my final placement and they flipped me out. Now, having tried 6 different ones they all flip me out(and when I stop them I don't regain equilibrium, just end up staying bad), so I think going on the meds was what did it, to be honest. Otherwise I may have managed.

The pressure was hard though, although not as bad for those doing a straight PGCE. Plus we were the last year to get the 6 grand which helped :D

Thats such a shame. I am sure you would have made a great teacher!

Is there any hope of you working in the future? We need more mathematicians in the world!

:D Maybe. I'd like to work with kids, not sure if I will ever be able to be a proper teacher though.

:D Maybe. I'd like to work with kids, not sure if I will ever be able to be a proper teacher though.

How about a teaching assistant? I think you would be really good at it.

Or a youth worker for kids with mental health issues? You could really help them.

Being a teacher is so stressful, it drives me mad at times. I would love to be a welfare officer in a school but it just doesnt pay enough!

Back