• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found little white rabbit in layby this morning.

fiona3

Warren Scout
I was out at work today driving along a country road near a quarry and i spotted a little lop white rabbit sitting at a layby in amongst the shrubs. I stopped the car and spoke quietly to it hoping it wouldnt run off. It didnt and it didnt seem to hear me either. When my feet crunched on the twigs it moved a little away and i just grabbed it.My heart was racing in case it ran off into the shrubs.

I was on a country road in the middle of nowhere with no houses near by, it looks like someone has dumped her in the layby this morning. She was quite dry and it was pouring here all last night, so it must have been this morning. She was just sat curled up. :( She has light blue eyes and i think her sight is poor. I have her home now and indoors with plenty hay and greens and a little drop of pellets. She seems quiet healthy, not thin and no injuries.Just scared.
I left her in my car in a box this afternoon and she ate some rabbit food and a spring green leaf. I have left her quietly in the kitchen tonight in an indoor cage. I will hopefully take her to the vets in a few days for a check.Dont want to stress her any more just now! Im pretty sure she has mites as her white fur is crawling with little specks. Terrible people do this to animals.Why cant they just drop them off at the sspca. A white rabbit wont last a minute outside in the countryside. She would have been fox dinner or knocked down if i hadnt come along. She is beautiful but scared stiff. Not surprising as she had to go in the footwell of my van as i drove back to the office. Hopefully she will find her food and water tonight and be calmer in the morning. Then i have to decide what to do with her. I think its a her! I did have a look, but didnt want to stress her any more.I took two pics of her before i put her in her cage for the night.
denny2.jpg

denny1.jpg

aw sending soothing calming vibes for her the whole ordeal must of been horrific

She looks exactly like Angel - my BEW who was going to be "necked" as she was surplus stock :evil:

Well done for rescuing her! :wave:

I will see how she settles in. She is going nowhere for a long time! I have an extra outdoor hutch but its not in the best position outside and needs insulated before the winter. I have just bonded my two and they are in their own hutch.Hazel my female is a terror and hyper so i doubt it would be a suitable friendship for her!:lol: Im just going to see how she gets on in the next week or so and once she is settled decide then. I have a dental bunny that has monthly dentals and a hyper active nutter both of whom i love the bones of. I wouldnt want to keep her on her own but no decisions yet. I will let you all know how she gets on and maybe if i cant keep her she might find a forever home on this forum. In the meantime im just gonna make sure she is warm, fed and quiet after such a traumatic day. She deserves a little kindness and to feel safe. Isnt she just lovely? Never understand folk who dump animals:evil:

:love::love::love: to you

:love::love::love: to bunny too. She looks like Bluebelle :D She is loverly!

She has landed on her paws having you find her :)

Good luck at the vets

Oh you are SO wonderful for saving her! She is adorable and I'm just so chuffed that she was saved by someone so great.

That's really brilliant :D

How on earth could anyone abandon such a sweet bunny? :censored:
Well done for catching her. Thank goodness you came along and not a fox xx

Well done you for rescuing her! :thumb:

It does sound like she was abandoned, but contact the SSPCA and local rescue centre, and check your local paper, just in case she was stolen, or escaped from somewhere.

Back