• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myx Jab and a microchip deal....

lildebs

Mama Doe
Just took Bella for her Myx jab took Oscar along also...whilst there I enquired about microchipping...normally £20 each....but he offered me a deal and £5 off ech one...so got Bella jab and both micro chipped for £45...just wondered how many RU buns are micro-chipped

i wondered this the other day - but i figured its really rare to chip a rabbit, so even if mine were and then got lost etc, the chances of whoever picked them up bothering to scan them would be pretty remote

In Australia all neutered dogs are tattood in their ear, which is then registered, so at least you know where they came from. I think they should do that in the UK too.

Mine are, after the whole thing on here with the REW eight I think some people microchipped their buns so they could prove they were there rabbits if they ever needed too :)

Its unlikely mine are ever going to get out of the garden, if they did they will only hit brick walls in the neighbors gardens anyways. But we only have one animal shelter here and they do scan rabbits if they are brought in. Its basically the only place on the island for people to take lost animals so it wouldn't be a case of being bothered to scan them because thats just where lost/stray/unwanted animals end up, assuming the person who found the rabbit bothered to call the animal shelter x

Mine are.

However, Lola was very ill after as she found it very stressful so I would think twice again about getting mine done.

None of mine are (16). I personally don't see a point for the situation we and they are in.

I guess everyone has diff views and situations..I always keep an eye on mine when they're out free ranging and their hutch is padlocked at night :lol:...so I don't think they're going anywhere soon :roll: but for me it was peace of mind too...and for £15 pound each I thought why not...I'd like to think someone would hand them in though:?

Back