• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse- a Bit of Good News

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Whilst Morse clearly still has health problems his infected ears are responding really well to the Manuka Honey. Honestly, you should've seen the look on C's face when I asked if it was OK to try Manuka Honey as a topical ear treatment.
I think she had visions of my pouring half a pot of honey it Morse's ears !! :lol:

Basically I flush each ear out with sterile saline and then drop a pea sized blob of Manuka Honey (+15 UMF) into each ear. Then I gently massage the earbase to disperse the honey.

Today, after 6 days of treatment Morse has no pus in his left ear and the right ear, which was by far the worse and at first too painful for me to treat without first administering a strong pain killer (prescribed by C),is now doing much better. I am able to flush it and apply the Honey without the need for additional analgesia, just Metacam. There is still pus, but no-where near as much as before. The main thing is that the ear is obviously less painful.

Also, Morse has put on a tiny bit of weight :)

He is having another blood test on Thursday

xx

Aww, he must be feeling so much better now.
That manuka honey is fabulous stuff. I think I'm gonna start bathing in it :)

That's great news that his ears are getting better! Hope he begins to put on some more weight as well :D Good luck with the blood test Morse!

Aw, that is really good news. I'm so glad he is feeling better, you have done wonders with him - well done.

Needless to say Morse likes cleaning his ears even more now !!

I feel much happier using a 'natural' abx in his ears. He is on conventional systemic abx too, but the Manuka Honey seems to be a good topical treatment for Morse :)

That's BRILLIANT!! Well done! Where did you hear about honey? Manuka honey is the best! Morse is an expensive bun!....but worth it!

Back