• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will bonding work?

What should I do?

• Give it a go- its worth a try

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Give it a go- it may improve the bond between Strawbs and Snow

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't bother- it will never work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't bother- the risks are too great

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I need some advice. As you know I have Strawberry and Snowdrop who are bonded but Snowdrop gets bullied alot by Strawberry. It has always been like this with him chasing her and trying to nip her bum. I hoped they would improve but although at times they do lie together the chasing hasnt improved. I know its slightly worse at the minute because of Bungle being here but it has always been bad. Snowdrop idlises Strawbs and he is so horrid back.

So my question is..... is there any hope in bonding Bungle into the group? My main concern is Strawberry not accepting him but I feel as though for Bungles sake I have to try.

Could adding Bungle improve the situation between Strawbs and Snow or is it likely to make it worse? I know the worse that could happen is the bond between Strawbs and Snow breaks but at the minute I am looking at having two single bunnies as I feel its unfair on Snow for her to have to put up with the chasing with her condition.

Opinions please!

Its really hard to know because things may change with Strawberry, however, as it stands now it doesn't sound hopeful, but that doesn't mean impossible.

I think it would be hard, to be honest.

However, they may prove you wrong, you just don't know.

I'd love to say give it a go!!

But, if Snow is poorly then she could get very stressed and go downhill. Also as they aren't really strongly bonded it could jeopardise their bond. It could be because I worry about two boys and one girl though!!

Usually I'd say give it a go, but as Snow isn't well....you know what she can handle!!

I'd love to say give it a go!!

But, if Snow is poorly then she could get very stressed and go downhill. Also as they aren't really strongly bonded it could jeopardise their bond. It could be because I worry about two boys and one girl though!!

Usually I'd say give it a go, but as Snow isn't well....you know what she can handle!!

I dont think Snow is happy in the bond she is in now so I dont think I have anything to lose. If trying to add Bungle breaks the bond between Strawberry and Snowdrop then I would have to think about what to do. But at the minute I dont see a future for them as bonded bunnies anyways.

It's worth a go as long as you have the means to seperate Snow and Strawbs and bond in 6 months time.
Maybe if they split into a 1 and 2 you could get a 4th? :?

It's worth a go as long as you have the means to seperate Snow and Strawbs and bond in 6 months time.
Maybe if they split into a 1 and 2 you could get a 4th? :?

A 4th is not an option!!! If the bond doesnt work then we would be looking for a new home for Bungle. He was only meant to be here till we found a new home but we have fallen for him and with his health needs feel he is better off here with us.

I could have Strawberry and Snowdrop separted if I needed to. I dont think they would ever fight as Snowdrop is so placid she just lets Strawberry walk all over her.

I'm just saying as adding more deffinitely helped Toffee's confidence.
He sounds so similar to Snowdrop and the more buns I got the more confidence he got. When I got Pickle, Pickle and Ghostie were joint at the hip, so my decision to get more deffinitely was the right decision.
So I'm just saying if Bungle and Strawberry become inseperable what will you do?

I'm just saying as adding more deffinitely helped Toffee's confidence.
He sounds so similar to Snowdrop and the more buns I got the more confidence he got. When I got Pickle, Pickle and Ghostie were joint at the hip, so my decision to get more deffinitely was the right decision.
So I'm just saying if Bungle and Strawberry become inseperable what will you do?

I cant see that happening!!! Lol. I am not sure what we would do in that situation. I would never rehome Snowdrop or Strawberry and so would probably move Strawberry outside (after the winter obviously) and keep Snow in with another partner.

I have a similar dilema with two of mine at the moment (although they're both fit and well) and I'd love to bond in a rabbit I have on foster at the mo :oops: so I'll be watching this with interest.

But then you'd have 4 bunnies :lol:
Or do you mean 4 in the house is too much?

4 in the house is too much! I could have a pair outside on the yard. I didnt want to untill we have our own house with a bigger garden but could do it if I needed to. They would have a 6ft hutch and then access to the yard which is about 15ft by 4ft whenever we are home.

I have a similar dilema with two of mine at the moment (although they're both fit and well) and I'd love to bond in a rabbit I have on foster at the mo :oops: so I'll be watching this with interest.

It's so hard to know what to do for the best. If the bond between Snow and Strawbs was good then I wouldnt risk it but I dont think we have anything to lose really as Snowdrop isnt happy with Strawbs chasing her all the time.

I cant see that happening!!! Lol. I am not sure what we would do in that situation. I would never rehome Snowdrop or Strawberry and so would probably move Strawberry outside (after the winter obviously) and keep Snow in with another partner.

I've got two boys which I didn't think would bond and they are inseparable so it is possible. I tried a trio but ended up taking one out as he was being chased a lot. I agree with Jane about not bonding Snowdrop, if she is Ok with Strawberry surely it would stress her out if you split them. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I really feel for you hun as this is what has happened with my Izzy and Oscar, it got to the point last weekend where she full on attacked him and they have been seperated ever since, still trying to decide wheter to give them another go together or get them new friends each :? Its very hard, good luck with whatever you decide.

It's so hard to know what to do for the best. If the bond between Snow and Strawbs was good then I wouldnt risk it but I dont think we have anything to lose really as Snowdrop isnt happy with Strawbs chasing her all the time.

Sounds like Ghostie. Would love to see Gho and Strawbs as a couple.
Ghostie chases everyone, even her lover. She just thinks she's queen of the castle.

I've got two boys which I didn't think would bond and they are inseparable so it is possible. I tried a trio but ended up taking one out as he was being chased a lot. I agree with Jane about not bonding Snowdrop, if she is Ok with Strawberry surely it would stress her out if you split them. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I dont believe she is Ok with Strawberry. He is constantly chasing her and has always has done. It has got worse in the past month or so (before Bungle arrived) and she doesnt seem happy. I had hoped that adding Bungle might give her someone to snuggle up to and look out for her. She does love Strawberry and follows him everywhere. He just needs someone else to put him in his place a bit!

I respect your opinion Jane. Can I just ask- would you keep her bonded to Strawberry with how he treats her?

I honestly dont know :?

I have come close to splitting two Buns whose bond was minimal. But in the end I didn't and although they never became snuggle-Buns they muddled along together.

Strawberry sounds to be a very dominant and confident Rabbit and I think bonding another Buck in would be a huge challenge to say the least. Especially a Buck who's smell has been winding Strawberry up already.

I am the worst person to look to for bonding advice as I only do 'easy' bonds.
My nerves could not cope with anything more !!

Back