• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can I put there...

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Beebee the nethie has a 2 storey building.The thing is,rather than block off the ramp,I would prefer to put something down for him to sit on.
His cage is standing on my patio..its concrete obviously.
Today I went and got some carpet and wrapped it up in a carpet protector.
I dont want his hocks to get sore.Any suggestions????

I don't really understand what you're asking either. What are you trying to block up and why :?

Let me explain.Beebee lives in a 2 storey hutch.Living quarters on top,run on the bottom.The run stands on concrete and I am worried his hocks will get sore/cold.
So I have put carpet werapped in carpet protector on the concrete for him to sit on.
I dont want to block up the ramp so he cant go down to the run cos he loves being down there.
what else can I use to put on the concrete for him to sit on?

Can you put a little box on short legs full of hay in the run section so he can lie in that? :)

Aha!!!! Great Idea!! Ive seen the most gorgous bunny stool in a shop nearby....I could get that and pop a tupperware box or something on that!! He will feel like a king! Ta very muchly!!!!!!

:D sounds great!

Personally I would take the carpet out and leave it as concrete. The carpet will get very soggy and start to rot and harbour bacteria and moulds which will be bad for him and in fact can cause sore hocks rather than prevent them - especially if it gets damp. He has his very own furry feet instead of a carpet so he doesn't need it :)

My nethies have a run on concrete attached to their hutch - they have a diggy box filled with earth that they like to sit in and dig in, a tunnel and a cat litter tray that they can sit in to get off the concrete if they want to. The concrete will also help to keep his claws a decent length, they shouldn't need cutting as often either :)

I have used one of those willow tunnels which you can flatten and have laid it on the floor where they like to sit. It covers a nice sized area and they can strip and gnaw it too! It works quite well:)

Back