• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I left Lyric out while i went into town...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I agree with Jane... I was a bit concerned to see that you let them eat crumbs together yesterday, as i know what dogs can be like when food is involved, but this is just asking for trouble in my opinion :( I really think it'd be a good idea to separate when they're not supervised :)

Blimey, I could never leave a Bun unsupervised with dogs :?

Prob not but i know my dogs:) they are not bothered by her one bit they completely ignore her to be honest.You dont need to tell me what dogs can be like with rabbits Jane you know what happened to Miffy and Vinnie:( Alot of people i know wouldnt leave two staffordshire bull terriers together un supervised but in 5 years ive not had one problem with my two

Its just something I would not feel OK about doing

I had Rabbits and a dog but they were never together unsupervised. I just could not forgive myself if anything happened :cry:

Sorry, but I agree with Jane... I was a bit concerned to see that you let them eat crumbs together yesterday, as i know what dogs can be like when food is involved, but this is just asking for trouble in my opinion :( I really think it'd be a good idea to separate when they're not supervised :)

My dogs do not argue over food they have been around rabbits for 9 and 5 years,Im sorry to disagree with you but as i just said i know my dogs

Prob not but i know my dogs:) they are not bothered by her one bit they completely ignore her to be honest.You dont need to tell me what dogs can be like with rabbits Jane you know what happened to Miffy and Vinnie:( Alot of people i know wouldnt leave two staffordshire bull terriers together un supervised but in 5 years ive not had one problem with my two

I certainly do :cry:
TBH that's why I am all the more shocked. At the end of the day dogs are dogs and we can never be 100% certain things wont go wrong.
As I say, its just my opinion

But it wasnt my dogs was it?

No, but they were DOGS

Dont get me wrong, I adore dogs and my late Gemma was so gentle and never showed any aggression to anyone or anything in all her 16 years. But I would still never risk leaving her alone with my Buns.

I loved both Gem and my Buns and for me it would be irresponsible to take such an unnecessary risk.

One of my friends leaves her house rabbit free range with her two labs 24/7 she has never had any problems,I wouldnt trust any other dog again with my animals but i do trust my own,Usually she is put in her own room when were not here but only because she would be chewing not because im worried about my dogs,But she was asleep before i went out so i left her i wasnt gone long

Ok can this be deleted now:( just like to say thanks for you all being so kind i should obviously have all my rabbits taken away because i dont know what im doing with them
you have all really upset me:cry:

One of my friends leaves her house rabbit free range with her two labs 24/7 she has never had any problems,I wouldnt trust any other dog again with my animals but i do trust my own,Usually she is put in her own room when were not here but only because she would be chewing not because im worried about my dogs,But she was asleep before i went out so i left her i wasnt gone long

Well as I say, I strongly disagree with the situation.
But its really none of my business as its your home, your dogs and your Rabbit :)

No, but they were DOGS

Dont get me wrong, I adore dogs and my late Gemma was so gentle and never showed any aggression to anyone or anything in all her 16 years. But I would still never risk leaving her alone with my Buns.

I loved both Gem and my Buns and for me it would be irresponsible to take such an unnecessary risk.

I have to agree with Jane, no matter how much I trusted a dog I'd never leave it with buns unsupervised. It would only take a moment for natural instincts to kick in :( When I do homechecks I would always say never leave dogs/buns together.

However they are your dogs/bun so if you are 100% sure it's your decision.

But you think im irresponsible ? To be honest it never crossed my mind to be worried about the dogs like now there fast asleep i was more worried about her ripping my wallpaper!!!!!

But you think im irresponsible ? To be honest it never crossed my mind to be worried about the dogs like now there fast asleep i was more worried about her ripping my wallpaper!!!!!

My personal opinion is that it is irresponsible to leave any Rabbit unsupervised with any dog(s)

But you are perfectly entitled to do what you consider to be right for your animals :)

Last edited:
Ok lets clear something up,My dogs now 9 years and 5 years lived with house rabbits all there lives Used to be free range with Miffy and Claude,Never once any aggression chasing or anything,No instinct kicked in,They wont even chase wild rabbits
The dogs that killed my two rabbits were not used to rabbits, my fault i should of never of trusted anyone to have them with dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back