• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pound is poorly again

tickles

Mama Doe
Really worried about this guy.He came to me in a bad way with bad teeth.He had his dental a little while ago under GA.Buti have just been to see him and he seems to have lost so much weight in a short space of time despite eatting.
His coat is roughed up he is miserable looking.He is pooing and drinking normal he doesnt eat hay would his teeth need doing again so soon.

aww poor guy teefs problems are not nice how old is he and how long ago was his last dental ?

Is he healthy? A significant drop in wt. in a short period of time can be cancer.

I treated my bun who had bone cancer w/ blackberries smash (via juicer), + juice, + acai berry juice, after 11 mth. of treatment, all cancer signs are gone.

It seems the lack of eating and the teeth problem is cause by something else. You should get a good vet to check it out

Hi, I have a poorly rabbit that came to me with bad teeth, he had to have them burred by the vet every 2 weeks, which was very stressfull for him so we decided to have the front 6 removed under GA and there is a possibility 1 might grow back like my rabbit but because he can't eat hay I feed him grass, dandelions,carrots,broccoli,apple anything that gets the circular motion of the rabbits mouth this will grind down the teeth.
But if the teeth aren't straight to begin with he will have to have them burred quite often or taken out.

Yes, teeth can grow quick so you should get them checked out if he is losing weight. One of mine has his done routinely every 4 weeks.

Hi sorry do not mean to steal your thread but... this has worried me, Jims has had his teeth done once so far I think they said he had them burred or clipped, was not done under GA, he is booked in to have them done again in a couple of weeks which will have been almost 3 months.
Is it possible that his teeth will have to be removed at some point or can they just be continually managed?

Back