• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on the bunny on RR needing vet treatment/ pictures!/ UD post 85

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I would start a new thread for this bunny so I can update the title as necessary :D

It has been an interesting evening:roll::lol: Firstly "Dave" turns out to be "Davina" and the "abscess" is nothing more than a developing dewlap in a hormonal bunny :)

As far as I can tell from the quick once over I have given her she seems in good health. My only concern is her genitals seem a bit red but that could be because she has been kept on just sawdust all her life. No sign of any hay:(

The next bit of news is she is not a frenchie. She is absolutely stunning. She is an English lop :love: I think she may have a bit of something else in her as her ears are shorter than the normal English lop, but that is a good thing as far as I'm concerned :) But she has the gorgeous long pointed face of an English and the right shaped ears.

We are seriously considering keeping her as she is :love::love: If we did and she gets a clean bill of health from the vets then she would be our pet bunny not a sanctuary bunny. At the moment I feel we have been through so much with our bunnies recently it would be nice to have a beautiful healthy young bunny:love: Its not like we deliberately went and choose her, we only took her becuase we thought she was ill, so maybe it was meant to be ;) We shall have a good think about it over the next couple of days.

Pictures will follow tomorrow :love:

Last edited:
Ahahahahaha I knew it! Isn't it a shame when emergencies are that predictable! But a great thing that you managed to rescue her and she will now definitely have a fantastic life, whether you decide to keep her or not.

English lop...gorgeous :love: Can't wait to see pictures tomorrow :D

Oh Liz she sounds gorgeous!

And I hope you're keeping the name :lol: I get called Dave by my dad all the time :lol:

Can't wait for pics!

Oh Liz she sounds gorgeous!

And I hope you're keeping the name :lol: I get called Dave by my dad all the time :lol:

Can't wait for pics!

I said to Steve that you would like the name :lol::lol:

The owner was very difficult to talk to on the phone but the one thing he was certain about was that it was an abscess, oh yes and when we got there we found they had just had a new baby :roll:

I said to Steve that you would like the name :lol::lol:

The owner was very difficult to talk to on the phone but the one thing he was certain about was that it was an abscess, oh yes and when we got there we found they had just had a new baby :roll:

Oh, typical. :roll:

Glad you have her though.

YAY! glad she is ok and it all went well. i agree with the others - you still rescued her from ignorant owners. i say enjoy a happy, healthy, beautiful bunny that (hopefully!:shock:) wont cause you any major hassles and can just be a nice, chilled out pet! why not???

Oh my! An English Lop! You are so lucky. I cant wait to see pics, I bet shes amazing.

I think keeping her is a fantastic idea. It was meant to be.

Back