• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed wall damp

Margret

Warren Scout
It hasn't stopped raining here all day, and this afternoon while in the shed with Nala noticed side wall of shed was damp. This side runs alongside a fence, so didn't think it would ever get damp? OH says he will check it out tomorrow. Would it be better to line inside of shed with plywood. Roof is dry, also nothing on floor, just the one side.
Nala just loves living in her new house with run attached....sadly, though too wet for her today to go outside.
Any advice re lining shed would be appreciated. Thanks Pictures would be even better.

My shed gets damp on one wall the one that the rain hits the most it gets treated twice a year but doesnt seem to make much difference

Mine are insulated with the silver stuff from B&Q and then we have plywood over that.

Is it just the pure force of the rain today that has got through the wood. Make sure you treat the side at least a couple of times with some good timber treatment (bunny proofo of course), this may help repel the rain.

If you could get to the side then you could put some roofing felt on the outside.

My friend done this as her shed was getting hit with the rain at one side, worked a treat :)

Will get OH to have a look at it tomorrow, hopefully it will stop raining long enough, if not he will just have to put a jacket on. haha. Putting roofing felt on the side may help, never thought of that. I will probably just try and get him to line walls then cover with plywood.
I still think she is better in shed, even when he is working on fixing the problem.

Back