• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 bunnies, outside or in

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
We have bought 3 8 week old bunnies, (they were snuggled up together in the pet shop and I couldnt bear for them to be sold separately) I am waiting for a shed to arrive so that they can be permenantly housed. I also have 2 other bunnies that I am in the process of bonding. They have a 6' by 2' hutch over a 6' by 8' run which I have weather proofed. The hutch has also been made snug. Do you think it will be ok to put the babes in as I am worried they will get used to being in the house?

I'm not sure, it's quite cold at the moment and they are used to being kept indoors in the pet shop I presume :?

If they have been used to being a in a pet shop it will be a bit chilly for them to go outside as they wont have winter coats and its going to get cold again next week. Do you have a shed or garage you could put the hutch in to give a bit of extra protection? Although they are only babies you will need to get them sexed if you havent already and if need be separate them before long so you dont end up with lots of rabbits.

Have you registered them with a vet yet? If not you will need to do so and get them vaccinated for mxy and vhd.

You also need to post some pics oof them on here :)

3 Bunnies, out or in

Thanks for the replies, we will keep them in until the shed is ready, we are going to insulate it as much as possible. Has anyone used the snuggle safe pads?

Thanks for the replies, we will keep them in until the shed is ready, we are going to insulate it as much as possible. Has anyone used the snuggle safe pads?

Yes I can highly recommend snugglesafe pads. All my buns are indoor, however I know how useful they are for outdoor buns, especially ones without winter coats! And very handy if you have an ill bun or a bun recovering from an operation (neuter perhaps!) :)

Back