PDA

View Full Version : White Milk-Like Drip From Eye

helgalush
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi,

Starbuck has had a bit eye trouble since he has been with us (only a week). We think they started weeping due to the stress of moving, and he was getting a little white bit in the corner of his eye each day, which we wiped away.

Just now though, I have noticed that it has actually gone runny and is more like milk running out of his eye.

We have been bonding him with Fay and she has been grooming his eye (bless her).

Is it that she has unblocked any blockage that was there and this is the "backlog coming through" or is this a sign of infection or blocked tear duct?

Can anyone give advice as to what we should do (apart from cleaning it up with warm water)?

Thanks
Helen

bunny babe
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi, best to get it checked out with the vet. Hopefully it may just be an infection which drops should clear up (that is what it was with one of mine a few weeks ago). It may also be teeth so best to get it checked.

willowholly
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Is starbuck a frenchie?Will had this most of her life due to entropian.Eye flushes didn't help.Used to bath them with cool saline water.They never bothered her,just looked horrible.

helgalush
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Starbuck is a dwarf lop. He had eye problems before he came to me though they had got all better when we collected him.

Fay has just cleaned his eye for him bless her, but I think I will ring the vets tomorrow for an appointment.

Unfortunately this will disrupt the bonding which has been going well! :(

sdf76
01-11-2009, 09:00 PM
if they are bonded why not take them both to the vets?. If it is a blocked tearduct which cannot be flushed(your vet will diagnose as it could be other things)it can be controlled by the other bunny licking it and maybe occasional bathing by you with tepid water an pat dry gently with cottonwool eyepads.-sue:wave:

helgalush
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
if they are bonded why not take them both to the vets?. If it is a blocked tearduct which cannot be flushed(your vet will diagnose as it could be other things)it can be controlled by the other bunny licking it and maybe occasional bathing by you with tepid water an pat dry gently with cottonwool eyepads.-sue:wave:

Oh yes, of course, I should have thought of that!! Will take them both! Silly me.

Yeah Fay certainly seems to be helping his eye and keeping him clean. We've bathed it a few times this week just to get rid of the white clump, but this is the first time I had seen it running down his little face. Within 5 mins Fay had licked it all away bless her!!!

Thank you for your advice.