• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored buns?

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
How much of the day do people reckon their shed/hutch buns spend 'doing things'? Mine have toys and tunnels etc but just seem to much hay or sit looking.

It makes me really sad and worried that they have a rubbish life with me, even though they have a huge expensive shed and the best food etc etc. :cry:

I always wonder this.. feel like I have to entertain them all the time! Would be interested in anyone's answer to this!

I know exactly what you mean. Please try not to worry as long as your rabbits get regular exercise, interaction with you and if possible other rabbits (I know some rabbits seem to hate their own kind, like my two lol) and toys to investigate they will have a full and rich life.

My two have a tendency to just sit and watch the world pass by, but I just think that their wild cousins are most active in the early morning and late afternoon so I guess some sitting around is natural....arr to be a bunny :)

Wild Rabbits would normally come out to play and eat at early morning and late afternoon/early evening. They would stay in their burrows in the middle of the day.

Of course pet rabbits can and do change their habits but it is not abnormal for them to just want to lie around in the middle of the day:) provided they have opportunity for excercise at other times.-suex

ps- a bit like us just wanting to sit down in a comfy armchair daydreaming I guess:D

Don't feel bad it's just what bunnies do. They are active in the morning and at dusk but the rest of the time, resting/sleeping. As long as they have toys to keep them entertained when they are at their active time that's fine. Mine love big cardboard boxes with holes cut out each side and even on the top to jump in and out of. They do chew and scratch them but when it's past it's day you can throw it away and get a new one. Saw an advert for a cardboard bunny maze £30. Looked great but made mine myself for free. Just make sure there are no staples or tape on it. Large fruit boxes are the best. Supermarkets would let you have them free. :)

I try to let them out in the garden as much as possible, but most of the times they dont bother even to put a paw outside the hutch, and I dont know whether is better to force them to go out or live them alone.... :(

Rabbits are crespular, so they're most active at dawn and dusk.
So long as they have lots of room in their sheds and runs to play, you can bet they're up partying whilst you're snoozing!

All of my buns love their free time in the garden, but by lunchtime they're all in snooze mode!

I often worry about my girl in the shed, she's been in there three weeks now but spends most of her time sleeping behind the hutches in there :(

Keeping her warm is now a concern as well

Don't feel bad it's just what bunnies do. They are active in the morning and at dusk but the rest of the time, resting/sleeping. As long as they have toys to keep them entertained when they are at their active time that's fine. Mine love big cardboard boxes with holes cut out each side and even on the top to jump in and out of. They do chew and scratch them but when it's past it's day you can throw it away and get a new one. Saw an advert for a cardboard bunny maze £30. Looked great but made mine myself for free. Just make sure there are no staples or tape on it. Large fruit boxes are the best. Supermarkets would let you have them free. :)

How do you attach your boxes together as it's something I want to do, but no idea how to without tape?! :oops::D

Thanks for all replies, I feel a bit better now :wave:

Back