• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is he overweight?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Ralphy looks overweight to me. I can feel his spine, just, around his bottom area, but not in the middle of his back. His tummy also feels quite round. Or could it just be his winter coat? What do you think?

IMG00129-20091026-1748.jpg

He looks a bit curvy in that pic but it might not be the most flattering position. You should be able to feel his bones but they shouldnt be sticking out. Have oyu asked your vet?

Yes he does look rather curvy.. It only struck me when I saw this picture.. I think I might be giving him too many pellets. I'll take him to the vet and see what he says...

I would take him for a quick health check and ask your vet about his weight.

He should only need a small handful of pellets everyday so if he has more than that it wont hurt him to cut them back and increase the hay.

This is what I feed him each day... let me know if this is okay:

Unlimited hay
two handfuls of pellets a day
big bowl of spinach, rocket, kale, 1/4 apple, broccoli, dandelion leaves and chards.

He runs around all day in a 7ft/4ft run too.

Too many pellets?

That's the same as my Beau, but with only 1 handful of pellets. He definitely looks to have a bit of a tummy on him, maybe cut back the pellets, don't want him getting 'moobs'! :lol::lol::lol:

haha!

It couldn't be anything like worms could it? Do things like that make rabbits overweight that are not associated with food? I've started him on panacur today..

I gave Ralphy less pellets tonight and he has been desperate for food all day. He keeps trying to stretch out to the pellet bag and putting his nose in his food bowl then his nose through his cage bars repeatedly. He is agitated and unable to sit still it seems. He's normally quite sleepy.

I'm currently three days into panacuring him, do you think he has a worm? I'm taking him to the vet on Wednesday.

That's the same as my Beau, but with only 1 handful of pellets. He definitely looks to have a bit of a tummy on him, maybe cut back the pellets, don't want him getting 'moobs'! :lol::lol::lol:

.....Or a dudelap! :lol::lol::lol:

Back