• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think are the best rabbit toys?

kiri

Warren Scout
Ive spent loads on different toys for my rabbits, some they love (like the tunnel) others they just completley ignore (like the plastic balls and wooden chews).
Do your rabbits have any favourite toys and which do you think is best to spend my money on!

They love tunnels and they love the cardboard box filled with hay (or preferable Chamomile Harvest!). They also like toilet rolls filled with hay.

Twinkle likes things she can pick up in her mouth and throw, including her treat ball and bunny rattle.

Beau just loves anything he can chew. His fave at the moment are the woodland range willow balls, but he's happy with boxes (usually mine with important things in :evil: ) or catalogues

All of mine love willow things like balls and baskets but they won't touch the standard willow sticks :roll: Hay rolls and carrot filled wood rolls go down really well here but are so expensive, they also love the treatball and tunnels

anything willow, loo rolls and 2 of my girls love any balls with bells in because they pick them up and continually drop them in there food bowl till i feed them :roll::lol:

Mine dont play with any toys. I spent a fortune on them and they never use them so I dont bother anymore.

Their favourite things to do are run around the house really fast, jump and climb up things they shouldnt and chew anything they're not allowed to.

Thats interesting, cus mine dont touch any balls, rattles...or anything really unless its posh hay, veg or their tunnel!

The willow balls always go down a treat here with all the buns, none of the buns really bother with the willow sticks though :? Some of the buns like the loofah rings :)

The best bunny thing we have ever bought is the green snugglesafe tunnels and interchanges, the buns spend hours playing with these!!

Some of the foster buns will play with the jingle balls, others wont. The plastic treat balls that you can put the pellets are also a favourite of everybuns here!! xXx

Yes my buns like the loofah type toys because they basically eat them. They also like the willow balls but they don't occupy them all the time. It seems the general consesus is that they all like tunnels. Thing is, they just seem to like whatever they're not allowed, and dislike anything that has been set aside or specially bought for their entertainment!

Rufus likes to toss his food bowl around. I had to give him an extra heavy glass bowl to prevent it from ending in the litter box all the time.
His little brother Yuki has a similar hobby with a metal play-stick (of the kind with wooden toys you can put food on) which he bangs against the door when I come to feed him (Its supposed to hang in the roof but since its a wooden hutch I can't put it there, so its on the door instead).

Most of the time though my rabbits don't mind toys unless they contain food, like the snack-balls.

While Sasuke was temporarily an indoor bun due to sore paws I kept throwing plushies in his run to distract him at night so he wouldn't keep me awake by bar-chewing or whatever. Most of them were ignored, but one plushie in particular turned out to be just his size when I place it standing upright (a dalmatian puppy doll) or well...he noticed it was the same size as a female rabbit:roll:

Mine aren't really fussed for toys. They just like to perch high up over their kingdom :lol:
They have a couple of rattle toys but Bunty my little OCD bun puts them in a corner tidyly

It varies from bun to bun :wave: Lily went nuts over tunnels (she would even make her own if you lay a blanket on the floor she would nose her way underneath it) Luna went nuts for cardboard rolls stuffed with hay and loofah discs, Sora loves the plastic baby teething keyring we bought from Asda and Smudgie likes anything he can nudge, and they both love their willow balls (not the willow sticks though :lol:)

I have not been a big fan of bought toys in the past, except the wicker stuff. However a friend bought a treat ball - plastic and you fill with pellets which the buns have to get out.
Lots of mine including GPigs LOVE the treat balls.

I'm sorry Allison I was wrong LOL

Treat ball, willow toys, cardboard tube rolls and boxes and the carrot patch things they sell at pets at home! :)

Back