• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advise on 3 buns pls

GrunBunMum

Warren Scout
We have 2 adopted house lop eared rabbits, 2 year old bonded, girl and boy both been done
Yesterday in the pet shop, a 10month old lionhead boy was in there £25, the smallest cage ever, in sawdust no hay, mixed food, skinny little thing mattered fur, on asking about it was given no adivise from them on rabbits, just £25 quid off you pop not even help getting him to the car, yes I came out with the little fella.

Our other 2 have a nic cage but are freeroam when we are in, at the mo Walter, the new bun is in a indoor cage, what we prevoiusly had, not the horrid small thing we got him in, with and area penned off so he can run about.

He is going to the vets for a check up but in the meantime, how old do they have to be to be neutured ??? they didnt know if he had been or what age in the pet shop.

If he hasnt been done, we will get that sorted straight away depending on what age it can be done ??

Now should i start the bonding process now or wait till he has been done, at the mo his pen is set so they can see and sniff each other, they have been interesed in each other, but he just wants to come out and play with them.

Should I just keep it like this for the time being feel cruel cause he wants to is just sat at the opening watching the other 2 and is trying his best to escape to get to them.

Also with it being 2 male buns what is likelihood they will bond ???

I would wait, get him neutered and then try the bond. At 10 months old he may have a lot of hormones in his system, which can make some bonds more difficult.
You should be able to get him neutered as long as he is over 1kg in weight, and is healthy.

He is booked in at the vets for Wednesday, im hoping he has been neutered, is there anyway I can check myself ???

Also now after reading stories on here about bonding I am scared stiff.

Will the possiblities ok good for bonding him with my other 2.

Im confused really on how to go about it, want to know as much as possible b4 we try.

Can they only be put out alltogether on nuteral ground, my other 2 hate being picked up and getting them to another room is going to be difficult.

Think I was a little nieve on the whole bonding process, I knew they may be fights, think I just thought I could let them all lose in the main room for a couple of hours a day untill they hopefully got used to each other.

That does sound really bad, I just never thought into it really.

Any help would be great, I really want to try and bond them.

bonding must be done on neutral territory.If you've never bonded before I personally wouldnt start with a 3,is there a rescue near you that would bond for a donation?

Mmmmm going to have to have a long hard think, dont think there is anywhere near me who would bond, we got our others from an animal sanctury not heard anything about them bonding rabbits for you tho. I do not know what to do now tho, the sate he was in in the pet shop I just wanted him out, never thought long term, would it be possible for him to just live in the same room with the fencing between them, although he just keeps running up and down trying to get near the other 2, they just occasionly go over for a sniff and poop near him, one has even started weeing near to where he is.

Back