• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vegetables and fruit, how often should i give this?

amme

Warren Scout
my rabbit has pellet food daily but i was just wondering how often and how much i should give the above, and what i should avoid.

You bun should be getting no more than an eggcup full of pellets daily with as much hay as he/she can eat. You can give veg daily, mainly green things. Herbs are best but you can give cabbage, brocolli, the leftovers from outside the cauliflower if you have that, carrot and apple occasionally as they are full of sugar, kale and spinach are good too but don't give too much as they have quite a lot of calcium which can cause bladder sludge. I give about a rabbit bowlful of veggies daily :wave:

There's this thread in the reference section:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46015
which will help you.

My two get a very small amount of pellets twice per day (5g each per serving) and a small bowl of veg each twice per day. I'm quite mean with fruit though, they dont get much.

Mine usually get 2 or 3 of these: spring greens, kale, pak choi, rocket, watercress, celery, carrot, parsley, coriander, mint.

ok thanks. my mom has been givin far too much pellets then. the bunny has has been having a bowl ful of pellets a day plus bits of veg:shock: looks like he is on a diet

ok thanks. my mom has been givin far too much pellets then. the bunny has has been having a bowl ful of pellets a day plus bits of veg:shock: looks like he is on a diet

same here im guilty of feeding too much pellets,:(
my 2 have veg everyday,and loads of hay in the hutch

Back