• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do girl bunnys scent mark things too???

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
coco is starting to scent mark things like my boy bun rexy.. just thinking is she a boy in disguise??????

Hi, Are you sure shes a girl not a boy because mistakes can be made. Females usually scent by dropping oily smelly poos but I have heard that females can spray too.

she is not spraying , she seems to marking things with chin like rexy does, and she has started to circle us like rexy does too. she is nearly 12 weeks old

That could be a male, or it could be an early developing female. Either is possible.

Could you have a look and compare what she looks like with Rexy? Or maybe take her to a vet for confirmation?

on rexy his plums stood out like a sore thumb:lol::lol: i have looked at her but its not so obvious. dont suppose any one could post some lady bits for me to see:oops:

I have only ever known boys run their chin on things, but I guess girls could do it to. My male sprays in his crate and gets it all up the walls! He is neutered and it didnt start untill after his neuter!

Miffy, our girl, does this chin-scenting thing all the time - including on us when we are sitting in the enclosure :lol:

Honey our girl does chin scent marking too and she's been spayed.:D

P1010760.jpg

Our Lola also chins rubs everything! Especailly at the moment with the new kitty. she has been spayed and has never stoppped chin rubbing everything! Desmond does it a lot less than Lola but still does it as well.

Bubbles chins everything too, always has done, and she was spayed a year ago. :):) I don't think you can assume anything either way from that behaviour. ;)

i have just had a peek at rexy:oops: and he is definatly a boy as the plum fairy has been:lol::lol: and then had a look at coco and thankfully her bits are different to rexys bits ;)
thank god
thanks for all your help

chinning can be by boys and girls:D eric and esme take turns marking the same thing over and over again:lol:

eric and esme take turns marking the same thing over and over again:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Alfie and Bubbles do too.

Alfie: It's mine
Bubbles: Nope, it's mine
Alfie: Well it's mine now
Bubbles: And now it's mine again

:lol::lol::lol:

Back