• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Next step in bonding - is this normal?

LMc

Young Bun
Morning:wave:

Pip and Ben have been together for a week now and although I wouldnt say we were fully bonded I trust them on there own and we are having the occasional cuddle and grooming.
This was until yesterday. They have bee in the living room where we could supervise them constantly but yesterday we put them into the kitchen (where there permanet home will be.) This seems to have triggered chasing, a little 'boxing' and tiny amount of fur pulling.:shock: Is this normal? Is it because we moved them? Will it stop?
Sorry for all the q's.
xxx

Sounds absolutaly normal to me, any movement on to new territory often results in this, this is if I move buns who have recently been bonded I always suggest limiting the space inititally.

If they remain like this, limit the space in the kitchen to about 5 x 2 foot for 48 hours and then slowly increase the space.

Back