• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I dont know how they do it.

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
All these people, who never clean their rabbits out :s I left my litter trays 1 day and a half, and bloody hell. :shock: Its dreadful! It took so much longer to clean out, rather than doing it everyday easily.

I honestly dont know why these people dont just clean it up every day, so easy! Rather than letting it get to a state where they cba. :? Reallu baffles me :lol:

daily works for me except...i've run out of carefresh, there is no sawdust, i don't use newspaper (if the print is bad for pupils it has to be bad for my precious buns) i have visitors arriving at 9 and p@h doesn't open till 11. don't take a deep breath, whatever you do...:lol:

How big are these trays hehe :lol: Ours is emptied into the bag, refilled, 20seconds done lol and thats every 3 days ;)

I agree, it's so easy just to clean out everyday, even though I have a houserabbit and only have to do the littertray.

I've had outdoor rabbits in the past and have always cleaned their poop and wee out everyday, there's no excuse :D

I do mine everyday. I wouldn't like to sit in my own toilet so i don't expect the buns too!! Plus it is sooo much easier to clean out if you do it regularly!

Litter trays are fantastic. But there is so many people who dont use them for their outdoor bun. I explained to my neighbour just the other day as she goes round to help with her daughters rabbits. "What a good idea" she said rather surprised and excited as though it was my new invention ! She was telling me about all the cleaning out she has to do and scrubbing away at the damp soden wood:roll:

I only have one rabbit, and he has one of those underbed storage containers on wheels, its hyoooge!

I still have to do Lyric everyday and she has a rabbit cage base for her litter tray,My pairs also have the same but it definatly needs cleaning everyday

i empty their trays every 2 days or every day if theres lots
they have 3 in their hutch lol
one was only meant to have hay in it to eat but they pood in it and when i tried taking it away they pooh there anyway :shock:

I do a big clean with the straw and that every week

I only have one rabbit, and he has one of those underbed storage containers on wheels, its hyoooge!

You have it in the house for a week? Does it not really smell?

I do all the litter trays twice daily, once in a morning and then again in the evenings. Its just routine, I do them when they have their pellets.

I also have a large underbed storage box filled with hay and change that twice a day to as they wee in it.

You have it in the house for a week? Does it not really smell?

I do all the litter trays twice daily, once in a morning and then again in the evenings. Its just routine, I do them when they have their pellets.

I also have a large underbed storage box filled with hay and change that twice a day to as they wee in it.

nope, it doesn't smell!

When I just had Pipkin I could maybe leave it a little longer, but with Ruby there's no way I can ever put off the cleaning out. No matter how much I would like to with the rain today -_-
She is the messiest bun ever. She poops EVERYWHERE and her poos are HUGE.

I only do mine once a week. I used to do it every other day, but I ended up with almost a wheelie bin of nearly clean wood shavings every week. They have 4 litter trays - 2 huge underbed storage boxes and two large cat litter trays. I put an inch or two of shavings and then hay on the top and all the pee and poop falls through to the wood shavings. They have a 10 foot by 4 foot dog kennel and they only pee and poop in the litter trays, so they are not sat in their own excrement or anything. The trays only smell a bit when I'm emptying them and the kennel smells clean all week.

Back