• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Types of Buns for bonding

Talael

Young Bun
Just a general question really....

I'm thinking that at some point I want to get a friend for Biscuit. He's about 7 months and is a Netherland Dwarf (supposedly but I think he might be more of a cross).

Anyway, I'd be looking at getting him a gf (so sweet) but what should I look for? Should she be the same age, breed, size etc? Or does it not matter?

The opposite sex (neutered of course) but other than that up to you. You might want to avoid putting a nethie with a giant but breed/size don't make much difference.

Any bun would be suitable. Agree about giant bunnies. I have a rex with a nethie cross and a mini lop with a dwarf lop cross.

Thanks for replying so quickly guys :D

I can just imagine his little face if I brought a giant home for him to play with :lol::lol:

I'll prob look at a similar size lady friend for him but a different breed

x

I have just bonded my 5 month old nethie with a 7 week old dutch cross from a local rescue centre. I had heard bad reports of nethies bonding with another bunny but it has gone great. They are so in love :love: Earlier this week Peppa was spayed and George took her up cabbage leaves in bed!!! :lol: Whatever you decide good luck with it, I was totally new to bonding rabbits so relied upon the expertise of the rescue centre but it has worked really well.

I bonded my tiny (male) nethie with a lady lionhead cross about three times bigger than him XD

I have just bonded my 5 month old nethie with a 7 week old dutch cross from a local rescue centre. I had heard bad reports of nethies bonding with another bunny but it has gone great. They are so in love :love: Earlier this week Peppa was spayed and George took her up cabbage leaves in bed!!! :lol: Whatever you decide good luck with it, I was totally new to bonding rabbits so relied upon the expertise of the rescue centre but it has worked really well.

Too cute!!!:love:

Oh to find a man like that! ;)

Back