• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When should I put the new run up?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Have got a group of five living in my shed at the mo, and my group of 4 living in the garage, but want to bond them all together and put them in the shed with the new aviary run.
Should I try bond them before disinfecting everything and putting the new run up? I want to make sure its kind of a new environment?

So you are aiming for a group of 9? How big is your shed?

Could you use a neutral room in the house for the bonding and then put them in the shed once its been cleaned with vinegar?

Id put it up and take the rabbits out of the shed fully clean the shed out then chuck them all in the shed and run :)

Shed is 8x6 and run is 9x12
I'm soooo nervous. Not allowed the buns in the house.
However bluebunnys idea is pretty good, think i will do that instead of trying to bond them somewhere else.
Should I keep them locked in the shed at first so its a smaller area?

Shed is 8x6 and run is 9x12
I'm soooo nervous. Not allowed the buns in the house.
However bluebunnys idea is pretty good, think i will do that instead of trying to bond them somewhere else.
Should I keep them locked in the shed at first so its a smaller area?

Yeah you could do

Back