• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola and Lucy are thieves!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Treat myself to some parkin today, I love it.

Sat down with a cup of tea and a piece of parkin, and got up to get the handset for TV.

Lola and Lucy were running off with my slice of parkin!!!!!! I have taken it off them but now they have a whiff/taste of it they wont leave me alone!!!:lol::lol:

Little sods! :love::love:

Parkin is a soft cake traditionally made of oatmeal and molasses[1], which originated in Northern England. Often associated with Yorkshire, particularly the Leeds area[2], its precise origins are unclear, and it is very widespread and popular in other areas, such as Lancashire. Parkin is generally moist and even sometimes sticky. In Hull and East Yorkshire, it has a drier, more biscuit-like texture than in other areas. Parkin is traditionally eaten on Bonfire Night,[3] but is also enjoyed year-round. It is baked commercially throughout Yorkshire, but is a mainly domestic product in other areas.
The principal ingredients of parkin are flour, oatmeal, black treacle (molasses), fat (traditionally lard, but modern recipes use butter or margarine), and ginger.

Its gorgeous!!!!!!

My mum used to male Parkin when I was little, quite dry cake and very strong with the ginger and treacle, I'm afraid I much prefer the sweet sticky jamaica ginger cake!

Back