• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wanting a bunny

debbie_7155

Warren Scout
After thinking it over & over to where im giving myself headaches :roll: ive decided i am going to get another rabbit for companionship for shadow so she doesnt live alone or get bored/lonely in her penthouse hutch :lol:

now comes the tricky part of deciding where from?

think its best to have a male & neutered/vaccinated? & maybe around the age of 1 ish?, shadow is 20 months old/spayed etc

Apart from my local RSPCA where else should i look locally? want to have more than just one option for places (not shops) i would like to get a rescue bunny :D
they are more than welcome to vet shadows home (will leave her the dustpan & brush out to get it extra clean to impress :lol: )

Have you looked on Rabbit Rehome site?

Here's the link:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

I would avoid buying any from a pet shop.

You could try the Adoption Centre in your local Pets at Home as these bunnies need loving forever homes, but avoid buying the babies and try a rescue first.

How exciting!! Good luck :D

PS looks like there are 5 in Lincolnshire, dont know how close they are to you though. You could try neighbouring counties too?

We have some male housebunnies looking for a home:D
Dominic who is on the In Need Section has lived as a housebun..and we also have the lovely Hadley who will be ready in about a week..lovely lad:D

ty for that link helgalush, unfortunatly i cant get on to them all for some reason? i will keep trying
trouble is i will want to adopt them all :D

honeybunny he looks adorable, i need to look closer to home as i cant drive that far due to work commitments
isnt it best to keep to the same breeds? shadow is a dwarf lop about 3kg in weight

this is her set up & we often bring her back in the house under much supervision now :roll: for couple hours every other day too

S7001657.jpg

that was thumper the white rabbit :cry:
shadow is no longer a house bunny (only lasted 2 weeks) shes back in her hutch

I can highly recommend rescue bunnies from Honeybunny - we have 3 and they are all beautifully mannered and very handsome!
We're in Lincs too, so if I can help with bunny run (depends where you are) let me know.

Kirkby isnt too far from you and they have loads of bunnies in, including some young ones. You just need to ring the owner and ask her if you can come and choose one. Here is a link to just some of the bunnies they have in at the minute http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?ContID=499

If you decide to go then pm me and I will come over with you. I live near the Lincolnshire boarded and go to Kirkby sometimes at weekends to help out.

Back