• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I convince Cherry hay is good?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Im at a loss.

Just been for a post op check up, and she has the all clear, no infections inside her mouth at least.

But the vet said there was a little reverse growth on her bootom teeth, and that shee needs a mostly hey diet, with very few pellets and veg.

Since loosing all her weight she has been on a mainly pellets and veg diet. She has not eaten hay since coming here about 12 weeks ago.

She has had no pellets since her op on Thursday, and is only on veggies. I have put loads of hay in her pen, and mixed dandelions in with them, but she still isn't getting the idea. I have 3-4 different hays in, and bought some more yesterday, but she just doesn't seem to know she should be eating it!

What do I do? I was thinking of bringing Charlie in, but then I have 2 buns in limited space :(

Back