• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why did i visit a Rabbit Shelter....

major stare

Young Bun
Gave a twin level hutch to Kirkby re-home centre yesterday and a small donation.

Now i cant get my mind off a lovely chocolate/grey bunny i saw.:love:

Doesn't help that my wife and two young boys are wanting me to re-home it.... im sure my wife has set them up to pester me for it.
My 7yr old said, "it needs a new and better home daddy".
My wife says "it wont cost much to keep it"

What to do:?:?:?:)

Last edited:
Easy - adopt him or her. :D Get him or her a friend for company.
Make sure that your kiddies are gentle with them, and take responsibility for its welfare yourself (ie cleaning, vets, feeding, etc).

What is holding you back?

Do you have a spare hutch? You may have to re-buy your hutch back!! :lol:

They would need a run too unless you have a bunny-proofed garden.

Hmmmmm, that is a tough one.....

Go get it of course!:lol:

Poor little bunny, all it wants is a loving family to call it's own(cough,cough):D

Ps the initial outlay can be costly, eg for hutch and run, but general weekly costs arent too much, as long as they have fresh hay, pellets and fresh veggies. A few toys as well - but dont have to cost the earth. There are lots of ideas for homemade toys.

There are vets fees to consider though - as they will need 6 montly myxi jab and yearly VHD. Plus if they get ill and need any vet treatment. You can get pet insurance for that from Petplan.

I am sure others on here can give you plenty of better advice than I. :wave:

You guys arent helping !!!:?

We have two at the moment, a spayed 6month lionface and a 3month albino buck.

Costs arent a problem, jabs and food are very cheep.

Its the cost & space of a bigger hutch.

How big a house would 3 bunnies need? My two at the moment have a 6' x 3' run with same again upstairs. Also a grass run.

Last edited:
I have a wendy house..................you can pick them up reasonable (sometimes as cheap as a bigger hutch) and just attach the run to the side with a cat flap through.

Go on, you know you can't leave the little one there,;)

You guys arent helping !!!:?

We have two at the moment, a spayed 6month lionface and a 3month albino buck.

Costs arent a problem, jabs and food are very cheep.

Its the cost & space of a bigger hutch.

How big a house would 3 bunnies need? My two at the moment have a 6' x 3' run with same again upstairs. Also a grass run.

Yeah but its only a one-off cost. And worth the extra happiness of another bunster!! :D

Resistance is futile!:p NOBODY goes to Kirkby and leaves without a bunny, or two, or more!:) Even if you resist on your first visit, sooner or later you'll go back to adopt.:)

Resistance is futile!:p NOBODY goes to Kirkby and leaves without a bunny, or two, or more!:) Even if you resist on your first visit, sooner or later you'll go back to adopt.:)

I agree! I went quite a few times and came back empty handed but it got me in the end!

But....How big a house would 3 bunnies need?

My two at the moment have a 6ft x 3ft run with 5ft x 3ft upstairs and plenty of height.
I can add another 4/5ft x 3ft on the side making it a total of 10/11ft long and 3ft wide. but this would be a massive negotiation and sacrifice of our patio:(

But....How big a house would 3 bunnies need?

My two at the moment have a 6ft x 3ft run with 5ft x 3ft upstairs and plenty of height.
I can add another 4/5ft x 3ft on the side making it a total of 10/11ft long and 3ft wide. but this would be a massive negotiation and sacrifice of our patio:(

Yes, but the bunsters are worth all the sacrifices that we make.:)

Gave a twin level hutch to Kirkby re-home centre yesterday and a small donation.

Now i cant get my mind off a lovely chocolate/grey bunny i saw.:love:

Doesn't help that my wife and two young boys are wanting me to re-home it.... im sure my wife has set them up to pester me for it.
My 7yr old said, "it needs a new and better home daddy".
My wife says "it wont cost much to keep it"

What to do:?:?:?:)

Simples. You gotta keep the kids and missus happy - earn some Brownie points!:lol:

You just know you men are good at working wonders.:lol:...you'll come up with something...for a teeny weeny gorgeous bunnywho desperatley needs a forever home;)

Go on Jon go for it. You sound like a fab hubby and Dad. You know you will regret it if you don't.:wave:

Back