• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought I had found a solution....

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
to the guys accomodation. I spent ages yesterday building a new NIC set up in the spare room, put new flooring down and made it all nice for them. Its now 7ft by 4ft and has a second level and will just be for them to use during the day while were at work.

Last night they were free range in our room without their crate being set up and they were fine. Strawberry didnt get me up at all and they were resonably quiet. Put them in the NIC set up this morning at 8am as I would if I were going to work and they hate it! They have been going nuts chewing the bars and trying to destroy it. They have bust out twice in an hour n half!

They seem to prefer their crate but I dnt want to use this as its too small for them to be in all day! I am hoping they will get used to it and settle down as im sure they neighbours wont be impressed with the racket they are currently making!

And to top it off Snowdrop has diahorrea again. After doing so well since September. I can only think she either got hold of some of Strawberrys carot yesterday or it is stress induced- although Strawberry has calmed down a little now.

Can you put their crate open in the nic set up. Then they have their comfort zone but also have a run.

Poor Snowdrop! Hope she feels better soon!

Oh dear Rach :( I'm sure they'll calm down eventually, but like Teddy's mummy says could you try the crate in there as well?

Hope Snowdrop is ok & back to normal soon xx

I will give that a try. I think its just because they know im home so would usually be allowed out but I have locked them up so that I can check its bunny proof ready for next week when im at work!

They are sooooooo naughty- at least Strawbs let me get some sleep last night though!

could you put familiar smells and toys in, so it is already marked as theirs

I have put all the stuff they have in their crate in. They seemed to have settled down a little now, I think its just because its somewhere new and they hate being locked up anyways. Plus next door is using his electric saw to chop firewood so thats not helping!

Here is a piccie of their new house. Its just for when were at work as they free range the rest of the time and are free range in our bedroom over night.

IMG00385-20091030-1727.jpg

They have settled down a little and I have brought them some new toys to keep them busy!

Are they used to laminate floor, if not might be a bit slippy for them? Perhaps a rug or towel would help?

They are used to laminate but it has vinyl over the top to stop them slipping. Its hard to see in the picture!

I used to use vinyl over carpet but found the carpet still got stained and chewed so we put laminate ontop to protect it.

That looks lovely - how could they not like it!:):)

I guess the neighbours may be upsetting them a little and like you say, they know you're around and want to come out.

Could you sit in there with them? And give them some treats?

ALso, do they not jump over the top? I know mine would. How did they break out? I used cable ties on ours and it worked very well.

Sorry not much use. I hope they settle o.k

They can jump it if they wanted to but they dont. We usually peg some netting over incase they do decide to.

They bust out by rattling the panels so much that they break apart! They throw themselves at it, jump up and down on the levels so that it all breaks!

I love the NIC panels, but I think for bunnies they really do need the cable ties to keep them together I know Deej could easily pull them apart if he set his mind to it!

I love the NIC panels, but I think for bunnies they really do need the cable ties to keep them together I know Deej could easily pull them apart if he set his mind to it!

Its Snowdrop that usually gets them apart. She is very strong when she wants to be!

Back