• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alice (some of these are taken before I took her home)

These are pictures of me and Alice it might not be alice in all of them as she had 6 sisters that were identical but I just say it is alice some of them are quite funny!!:roll:

while I try and figure it out you can read this I have written up the story of me getting Alice. It isn't that good !

I was working at a garden centre/animmal rescue place, and there was this gorgouse rabbit . . . (thinking it is gonna be Alice?). . . called Rodney :lol: he was a fully grown rabbit and was under a lot of stress in his smaller cage. So the man who I worked for (volentary) asked me if I wanted him!! I was over the moon when he asked so I asked Mum and Dad , But Dads being dads there is always a "let me think about it" so I gave hima time limit of 5 minutes and it worked he said yes. So rodney came home with us that very same day, and went back the next. The reason he went back was because he bacame evil:evil: I wanted a rabbit I could pic up and cuddle (like I can with Alice) but he bit me :cry: but that wasn't it I don't know what I did to make him like me but he started to hump my arm. So we decided to take him back. I was so sad I have always wanted a rabbit I got one and I hate it. You can imagine how I felt. The day we took him back was the day I got alice I went back and I said could I stay here for a couple of hours and fuss one until I think it is the right one so I did and I found Alice mind you I only picked her because of her crissy crossy ears she has grown out of that now sadly :cry:
I wish I had taken more pictures now! SORRY!

sot that is how I got Alice and I wouldn't ask for anything more in a rabbit than what Alice has.

Alice sounds lovely

Poor Rodney though - sounds like he was simply experiencing a perfectly normal combination of stress at the move and new surroundings and people, and the effects of being male and i assume unneutered so full of hormones! Shame you took him back as if you'd had him neutered he probably would have settled down and you could have bonded him with Alice.

But never mind, glad you are happy with your new bun and i hope Rodney gets a lovely home soon. cant wait to see pics!

I'd love to see photos of Alice. :love::love:

As Jill explained, neutering helps with a rabbit's temperament - Rodney wasn't evil but just using his teeth to communicate in the only way he knew how. :) Is Alice spayed? As hormonal behaviour is far more likely in females, so it's something to be aware of in case Alice ever seems a little grumpy. ;)

Alice is too younge the vet said they have to be 6 months and I had know Rodney for a long time before the man offerd him to me he now lives in a massive avary with the birds and loves it he has loads of space to run around and are you sure they settle down after being neuterd because we were going to get him neuterd but loads of people weresaying it doesn't stop humping. . .

Alice is too younge the vet said they have to be 6 months and I had know Rodney for a long time before the man offerd him to me he now lives in a massive avary with the birds and loves it he has loads of space to run around and are you sure they settle down after being neuterd because we were going to get him neuterd but loads of people weresaying it doesn't stop humping. . .

he lives with birds?! :shock:

It sounds like Rodney has a lovely sized enclosure to run around in, but I would be concerned about the bird droppings on the floor/in his food etc though.

Sometimes humping can become a learned behaviour, rather than due to hormones, in which case it might take longer for the humping to subside. Neutering makes for a happier rabbit overall though, so is always worth doing. :)

Spaying females is even more important, because of the risk of uterine cancer in unspayed buns. It's great that you are getting Alice spayed when she's old enough. :D

that they can get the cancer sorry

Aaah, I see. ;) No, I'm not a vet but it's just one of the things I've learned from this forum, and was also recommended by my own vet and the rescue I got Bubbles from. :) It's something that people don't always realise, so it's good that your vet has mentioned it already. :D

Back