• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns getting older

Suzanne

Mama Doe
My Dandelion (my fav) came from the RSPCA as a stray and I've had him 3 years now so I don't know how old he is. Anyway over the past few months I've noticed he's not as alert as he used to be - I think he seems a bit dippy sometimes. He always loves sitting on my knee for a cuddle but he would be fiesty being picked up but recently I've noticed he doesn't kick as much if at all when I pick him up. He's a healthy bunny but I just think he getting old. It's hard you know when you don't know how old they are.

My mum has noticed this with her bun, Tia - she used to charge around the garden but now she just prefers to stroll around and eat at her leisure.

I think they are a couple of pensioners now so need some extra special love and care.

I know what you mean, as I have an elderly bun. There are advantages to it: no more chewing and general chaos and disorder. :)

Our buns are 18 months (2 of them), 2 years and nearly 8 years.

The old man is a lot slower and more laid back than the youngsters :lol:

Aww give Tia a cuddle from me when you see her

and know what you mean as my girlie Daisy is 7 and definately slower than she was:(

Everyone who visits my house wonders how we can have Winston and Pootle on one side of the bun room and Ebony on the other without them trying to bite each other or chew the woodwork. I always reply that they probably would have done in their younger years...but at about 12, 9 and 7 years old respectively, they've lost the urge!

Back