• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit on RR requiring vet treatment

Hmmm its milton keynes way :? I have no room unfortunately. Do you think anyone can take it and we could do a fundraiser for its treatment or something? :? poor thing :(

Oh no, thats only 10 minutes from here, but with Newts siblings here and Pebbles arriving Sunday there really isn't any space especially for such a big bunny :(

:cry: Poor thing :( How can they decide to give up a pet just because it needs to see a vet :( :evil:

Has anyone contacted her to find out if they know what's wrong with it and if it has seen a vet already? Is there a chance that rather than being an abscess or sometihng it's actually something really daft like he is actually a she and it's the dewlap?

I don't want to contact her to find out more if someone already has - the worst thing we can do is all bombard her with various emails and advice.

It looks quite small for a french lop :? I am sure we could accomodate it here for a couple of nights if someone further a field was willing to give him a home

Has anyone contacted her to find out if they know what's wrong with it and if it has seen a vet already? Is there a chance that rather than being an abscess or sometihng it's actually something really daft like he is actually a she and it's the dewlap?

I don't want to contact her to find out more if someone already has - the worst thing we can do is all bombard her with various emails and advice.

quite agreed, she obviously cares enough to look for another home through rr it must be a heart wrenching position to be in to feel the only way you could ge tyour bun treatemnt is through rehoming i really feel for the owner having just lost htier job,, hope another member can help her, i cannot take bun on at moment, prehpas a rescue could help? i would help with transpo if nessacery tho it isnt "very" close to me.

He is less than a year old so unless it was caused by an injury it seems unlikely this is a dental abscess.

I don't mind speaking to the owner, but am not sure what I can offer :?

wrong thread!

Could someone not point her in the direction of the forum, so those offering help could get more details, rather than a numbe of people contacting her and having to send the same details out over and over

Last edited:
should be in a folder called digital camera photos, inside the adobe one, then they are in american style date order

Thank you, found them :) I may have time to get them on tonight but can't promise. I am hours behind this evening as was chatting far too much to Michelle :lol:

Now I have posted on the wrong thread :lol:

If she's lost her job might she be able to get PDSA treatment? I'm not sure they'd be terribly inclined to do drastic things to a bunny but it may not even have occured to her if she's struggling to cope with the loss of her job at the mo.

If it's a dwarf lop rather than french I may be able to help - but I don't really have anywhere big enough to put a full size frenchie.

Liz - could you have a go at contacting her to suss the situation and give advice without necessarily being able to promise anything at the mo?

If she's lost her job might she be able to get PDSA treatment? I'm not sure they'd be terribly inclined to do drastic things to a bunny but it may not even have occured to her if she's struggling to cope with the loss of her job at the mo.

If it's a dwarf lop rather than french I may be able to help - but I don't really have anywhere big enough to put a full size frenchie.

Liz - could you have a go at contacting her to suss the situation and give advice without necessarily being able to promise anything at the mo?

Will do :)

The phone number is currently unavailable, will try again in the morning unless someone on here has posted they have made contact in the meantime. I will check the thread again forst thing :)

You have to be on housing benifit to get help from the PDSA. They refused to help me when Bully was ill, even though my partner had just lost his job.

I have tried to make contact again this morning but no-one is picking up.

Steve has agreed that we can collect this bunny and assess it needs :) But we will then need help if the bunny needs expensive treatment or if it is Ok we will need help with rehoming him. We will only consider keeping him permanently if he has serious issues that are likely to be long term or his health is seriously going to shorten his life span. I am sorry we can't offer more than this, but space is so limited and we have 4 bunnies booked in for ops/diagnostics already for next week :(

Liz thats such a great offer for this bunny. Hopefully, you get a response and then we can start some fundraising for him.

Still no reply, will have to leave it til this evening now. We wont be able to get him tomorrow as Steve is already collecting anothe bun :?

Liz i know we have a space so it might be an option to bring him down here i am waiting to hear from Donna though

Back