• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poppys little behaviour problem..

beccimarie

Mama Doe
hello! i have a dalmation rex poppy, she is nearly 2 now, when i first got her she was very sweet got her from a kitten and she was ok with be held by anyone, then i took her to the vets to be spayed, when she came back she was very strange like i had brought home a different rabbit not her joyful self and acted like she was scared of me, i thought it may be because of the op and just acted normal i noticed her eyes were a bit blue but i know they put stuff in there eyes in ops as they dont close there eyes i think she could not see proparly for a few days, after a month past i knew something was not right, i called up the vet and they went through if she was in pain.. she wasnt, they came to the conclusion she had sepration anxiety, i was given leaflets on how to over come it like not touching her for a week then giving her a treat through the cage then give her a treat while stroking but she still isnt my same poppy, she grunts when i give her food bites when i try to clean her out and refuses to run in the garden while i clean her out, i got so upset about it, she is mostly ok with me now and i push he out the cage to go for a run haha but when people come over and go to stroke her in her hutch she will go for them =[ any ideas? she lives with another bunny called casper who she loves and they have a massive hutch and run attached

Back