• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a confession - introducing Mia, mummy cat from Kirkby

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Well I thought it was about time I confessed :oops:

The mummy cat that Celia has in at Kirkby with her 4 kittens has come home with us today :D I was smitten from the minute I saw her last week & finally got Mark to agree to letting her come to live with us earlier this week :D

I wanted to see how she was with us, before confessing :oops: We think she's between 1 - 2 years old. She's very nervous & quiet, but then again she's probably never come across somewhere like our house before :shock::lol: She's spent all afternoon curled up on my knee on the sofa :love: Thomas our old cat couldn't care less about her, but Phoebe our other girlie has had a hiss & spit - but I'm sure they will be ok.

A felt awful bringing her away from her babies, but I'm sure she'll be ok once she's found all 4 little paws.

Her little silver tabby kitten has already found a home, so there are 2 girls & a boy of the other tabby kitten's waiting for their forever home. Although that said I don't think they'll be waiting long :love:

Anyhow's here's a few pics of our new little girl - please meet Mia :love:

DSCF4172.jpg
DSCF4173.jpg

DSCF4180.jpg
DSCF4171.jpg

Last edited:
oooh wow, what a stunner! Bet she thinks the whole world is just bunnies now! maybe they're strange kittens...:lol::lol:

oooh wow, what a stunner! Bet she thinks the whole world is just bunnies now! maybe they're strange kittens...:lol::lol:

Thank you :)

Bless her she had been in the kennel block at Celia's so has seen plenty of buns, but I don't that prepared her for seeing the size of Emily & Archie our conti's! :shock::lol:

She's gorgeous. What a lovely girl - and how lucky to have found a loving home like yours. I'm sure people will fall in love with her kittens very soon too.
x

Yayyy!
Glad she is home with you, im sure she will love it there.
She is gorgeous, no wonder you fell for her!

Thanks guys :) We've been to the vets earlier - she's got a clean bill of health & is booked in to be speyed on Monday. Celia was going to arrange for her to be done, but I said we'd do it to save the cost to the rescue.

I'm worried about her already, as we've never had a cat speyed before - only buns!!! :shock: Unknown territory for us, as Phoebe had already been done before we got her.

She is gorgeous, shame the silver baby has found a home :( Would have loved anothe rone to play with Evie, as she is harrasing her mum to pieces

Aw she is gorg Denise :love::love::love:
I am trying to get OH to agree to another kitten as Fifi keeps harrassing the buns and me especially at night to play, how do your cats get on with your indoor buns?

Great news! :D Please don't feel guilty for taking her away from her kittens as: a) they are old enough to make it on their own and b) I am sure she was getting a bit fed up with them; I saw her hissing and swiping one of them with her paw last Saturday.

Back