• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can 2 female bunnys get on

clairelove

Warren Scout
i was wondering if to female bunnys can get on has i have a girl bunny who is 3yrs old and was wondering if i got another baby female would she take to it or not???

i was wondering if to female bunnys can get on has i have a girl bunny who is 3yrs old and was wondering if i got another baby female would she take to it or not???

Only if they are both spayed. Its usually a more successful bonding if they are neutered male/spayed female. Buns are very territorial and hormonal, you'd need some advise on how to bond them too which we can help with if you decide to get her a friend, bunnies do love companionship :)

I can be done but as with all bondings it really depends on the rabbit. Preferably both would need to be neutered as Females do have a tendancy to be a bit territorial. A neutered male would probably be an easier match, again your girly would need to be neutered.

she was tried 2yrs ago about with a boy bunny but she bit him so i gave up the pairing thing she was a rescue bunny aged 1 to 1 and a half she was so nastey with people she would growl and jump at people to bite them she is loads better now will let me pick her up and stroke her now..

It may of just been that particular boy she didn't like. How would you like it if your mum choose your partner? :lol: Some rescues do a kind of speed dating where they will try the bun with several rabbits to find a suitable partner.

she was tried 2yrs ago about with a boy bunny but she bit him so i gave up the pairing thing she was a rescue bunny aged 1 to 1 and a half she was so nastey with people she would growl and jump at people to bite them she is loads better now will let me pick her up and stroke her now..

Was it in neutral territory or was it in her territory?

Yes, if they are both neutered, although as with all bondings it depends on the personalities.:D

it was on neutral grounds does the female always have to be neutered cant it just be the boy??

IMO the Doe should be neutered for both health and 'quality of life' reasons.
Unspayed Does have a high risk of developing Uterine Cancer and an entire Doe will always be prone to 'hormonal driven behaviour' such as aggression or pseudo-pregnancy

Back