• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

Hi:wave: I'm new and my name is Josie and my rabbit is called Alice. She is a New Zealand white, she is about 16 - 17 weeks old and I have had her 6 weeks.

I am considering getting her a bigger cage as I wasn't expecting her to get so big! Should I leave her in her outside cage or should I brig her inside; I have been bringing her inside at the moment because we do get alot of foxes and cats, I didn't think she would be safe.

If I should bring her inside, can anyone recommend a good quality cage that is tall enough for a giant rabbit! (her mom was the size of a giant rabbit I think?)

Hello:wave:!!!

Hello Josie and Alice. Welcome to RU :wave:

You're not far from me - practically just down the road :lol:

I have no experience of indoor buns i'm afraid so i will leave others more experienced to advise you. New Zealand Whites are gorgeous though. I met one at Fat Fluffs rescue a while back and yes, she was quite large so I expect your's has quite a bit of growing to do!

A pic would be lovely ;)

Hello, welcome to RU :wave:

Your bun sounds lovely and yes agree a pic would be fab.

Not too sure what size cage she would need. Could she become a permanent houserabbit? Then she would jsut need a cage as a base and could free-range (if house bunny-proofed etc).

Could she become a permanent houserabbit? Then she would jsut need a cage as a base and could free-range (if house bunny-proofed etc).

I want her to be a house bunny but my dad doesn't like her that much and "is allergic to her" I don't belive him!! plus it would take alot of work to make our house bunny proof as we are very computerised :D

will try and get a good piccy for you soon

Back