• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I stop her digging?

Patchrabbit

Warren Scout
Patch gets out of her run for free range exercise everyday for at least an hour, sometimes more. This morning I wondered where she'd gone and I found her behind a large shrub next to the shed digging up the soil. I don't know what's under the shed or how far she'd have to dig to escape under the fence into next door's garden so what can I do to stop her?

Is your bun speyed?? I found with my doe she stopped digging after her op.It may be just coincidence......:wave:

No she isn't, she's only 4 months old. I'm planning on having her spayed when she's 6 or 7 months. Odd thing though is that she hasn't really done any digging till today.

All I can think of its a hormonal thing...wants to find a safe p[lace to have a nest/babies etc.
Like I said,I had Mrs Bun speyed and she no longer digs at 2 yrs old.She was speyed last Xmas.

Thanks for the advice.:wave: Looks like I'll just have to put up some sort of barrier or fencing around the shrub, easy enough.:lol:

Is your bun speyed?? I found with my doe she stopped digging after her op.It may be just coincidence......:wave:

Ah i thought my girl 'forgot' how after her spay but i caught her last week having a crafty dig:roll: although i think her husbun rekindled the habit for her:lol:

Digging (in their opinion) is good busy bunny behaviour i'm afraid:lol:

My girls both loved digging until they were spayed and then they stopped!

Simba, although neutered, still had the occasional crafty dig and Louie just digs at the gravel and the wooden floor :roll:

Back