• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burns green oat hay?

amyhhh

Alpha Buck
Have they stopped doing it?

I can't find it in stock anywhere online. Hector and Honey are not going to be impressed! I don't think its going to be easy persuading them that other hays are just as delicious really! (I've just ordered some dust free hay for the first time to see what they think of that).

I had the same situation with their Organic Mountain Hay a few months ago.

It turn out there was a delay in bagging it or something such - I couldn't find any for a couple of weeks but then everybody had it back in stock. Hopefully it will be a similar glitch.

Fingers crossed the same thing happens! May be it will be good for them to have to learn to be a bit less fussy and try eating different hays for a couple of weeks :?

I just had a nice email from Lisa at the Hay Experts saying that it is currently unavailable (due to quality issues) but they will start stocking it again as soon as it becomes available again (hopefully that won't be too long!).

I meant to complain but never got round to it :lol: My last bag was VERY dusty though :?

Same here. If it sorts out the issues then it will be well worth not being able to get it for a few weeks

*says she that has two full bags* :oops::oops:

We usually stock it but Burns dont have any in stock and on calling them today was told they have no due date for it coming into them at present.

Last edited:
I got 8 bags direct from Burns a week ago *gawd - very difficult to type - I'm 'wearing' a border collie due to blasted fireworks :censored:*

Perhaps I got all of Burns stock :oops:

I couldn't get any so I bought my two some Oxbow oat hay instead and they love it: https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hay...25g.74.html?osCsid=jd3l9km711nritjr71r6mhmnv0

More expensive though!

I did the same! Just put in my monthly hayexperts order (seems to go up in £ each month!)

The burns oat hay seems to be the only stuff my rabbit will eat!

He used to love the burns mountain hay a few months ago.. But have they changed it? as it seems the strands for this are now a lot smaller and he isnt anywhere near as keen.. so ive layed of buying him it.!! :(

Back