• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccinations

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
I have been putting off getting Louie vaccinated due to both Tinkerbell and Sooty dying not long after having their jabs.

Probably coincidental but just been having nagging doubts about getting Louie done.

However, having seen how many vaccinated rabbits are now contracting Myxomatosis and the fact that, unvaccinated, he wouldn't have even a hope of surviving, I've decided to bite the bullet and go for it. He is having the Myxomatosis today at 4pm.

Although Tink and Sooty's deaths were most likely unrelated to the jabs I'm still worried :oops:

I'm sure he'll be fine :)
Just think of how painfull it would be if he did get myxi and he wasn't vaccinated :(

ive had the same conversation with a freind who has 2 bunnies and has been put off because her freinds bun died after her vaxination, ive managed to persude her to vaxinate her buns,

it would never put me off vaxinating purely the risks of myxi outway anything else

Yes it's definately the thought of him having absolutely no chance of survival if he caught Myxomatosis unvaccinated which has pushed me into having him done.

I've just had all 17 of my buns vaccinated, I was worried too but I knew I'd never forgive myself if they caught myxomatosis while unvaccinated. So far all my buns are well :)

I'm sure Louie will be ok xxx

Oh right I know Blakes Barn, thats the other end of Sutton Coldfield, I live by the Chester Road, Pype Hayes, and use Pype Hayes Vets, there very rabbit savvy :D

Back