• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to move rabbits indoors for winter!

Feenester

New Kit
I'm after a bit of advice. I have 2 lion head rabbits nearly 1 year old. currently they are living outside. I am looking to move them in to the garage for the winter. Its full of natural light and we do not park a car in there.

when is the right time?

Thanks

:wave: I would say about now really about 4pm with a view to increasing that if the weather turns - it's really mild at the moment, probably worth investing in some mozzie nets aswell from B & Q. I am sure some more experienced people will come along and advise. Have a radio going on the run up to bonfire night aswell if you can. :wave:

if they have been outside throughout the summer then they will be fine outdoors, I used to worry about my rabbits getting cold but they have their winter coats, (as long as they were not previously housed indoors) My buns have access to their runs 24/7 and last winter they were rarley inside their hutch, they prefer to be on top of their wooden platform which is raised off the ground (in all weathers except heavy rain).

Back