• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

has anyone ever had a with sympathys card from there vet b4

areia

Wise Old Thumper
i got sent a loverly card today from my 3rd vet

saying "dear miss ******* please accept my sympathys for linus
i do hope your other pets make a full recoveries, i have never heard of a vaccinated animals contracting the disease. one wonders if a new strain is occouring kindest reguards **** ***** "

i read this and blubed it was so thoughtful of him,
ive never known anyone whos recived one let alone an aanimals hes only met once, i will be back to him once ive sorted a few things out along with signing all my brood over to him now instead

Aww what a nice vet :) My vet sends sympathy cards but they all say the same thing & are printed from the computer, so they're not very personal. One arrived a few days after Hugo died & it really upset me :(
Hugs for you at this sad time :(

this one was hand written there was a councelling card in it too from a lady who helps deal with all kinds of help but although thats sweet i wont be needing

this one was hand written there was a councelling card in it too from a lady who helps deal with all kinds of help but although thats sweet i wont be needing

That's really sweet. The ones from my vet are a bit clinical...I sometimes think they are just sad that they have one less customer :shock:

Thats so sweet. We've only ever had one, in 2001 after our Poppy died from myxi :( They haven't bothered since, mind you it would cost them a fortune in cards if they sent one everytime we lost an animal.

My old vets were fab.Got a collection of cards,and with the names mentioned too.They would put a copy of a poem in...either Rainbow Bridge or If I should grow weak (Im sure you know the one).My new vet doesnt do it.

Yes we had a lovely one when Will died.Clare,our vet,was in shock,as were we,when she died 2days after getting an all clear.Clare phoned us as soon as she found out too as she wasn't on duty when we took her in.We keep in touch on facebook.

I got a lovely card with a rabbit on it when Willow passed away. Our vet saw him every month for 18 months for his dental and she really liked him.

A vets that we use sends out a handwritten sympathy card and a packet of forget me not seeds. It does send me blubbering.

My last vet did, and the card I got when Dusty died was really wordy and lovely. Trouble was it ended with the lines 'I won't see you again as I'm leaving the country'! :shock::lol: Damn man!!

Thats very lovely of your vets. Mine did the same when I had to put Charlie to sleep a couple of months ago - personally signed by everyone ie the vets, nurses receptionist, practice manager etc. I got a couple of other cards too and a bouquet of flowers from my brother :love: and my mum came from Birmingham to London to stay with me for few days to cheer me up - I'm 36!! :roll:

we have had one for each bun we have lost:cry: the first was just a mass produced one but the other2 were shop bought and had buns on the front.we sent a card to them last night thanking them for all the support with all 3 buns.

Back