• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden centre with morals - U/D they have a facebook page

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I decided to go to a garden centre not far from where I live as I was hoping to purchase a little toy to go in the rabbits new shed. I remember going there last year not long after I got Roly rabbit and imagine my horror when I saw signs next to the guinea pig enclosures advising people that the piggies were not for sale to be kept with rabbits and the reasons behind this.

I'm afraid to say that when I went today things were even worse. There were NO rabbits or piggies for sale any more.

We asked a member of staff who was on duty if they had anything suitable for our buns and we were led to a huge election of toys and treats for rabbits, cats and dogs.

What I found even more shocking was that there were signs up everywhere next to the rabbit stuff explaining about the importance of trivial matters such as flystrike, litter training and neutering your rabbits.

However the most shocking thing is yet to come. The member of staff we spoke to came over to ask if we found something suitable and I asked exactly why there were no more piggies and bunnies for sale any more. Shockingly the lady said that because it looked as though the rabbits and piggies may not have been going to the best homes the centre had stopped selling them. She also went on to say that there were plenty of rabbits and piggies in rescue centres looking for homes and this was another reason the centre had stopped selling them.

I continued talking to this lady and it turned out she kept rabbits herself and was a member of this very forum. I won't give her identity away as she might not want people to know where she works etc. I thought that given we get loads of threads started here about bad pet shops and bad garden centres I'd go and recommend really good one. There was a huge selection of hay, bedding, toys and treats for rabbits and of course the fact they don't sell livestock but instead reommend people go to a rescue I think I'll give them 10/10.

For anyone in central Scotland visit Torwood garden centre just outside Larbert.:D

Last edited:
How delightful when you find somewhere that truly hasknowledge and morals underpinning it's business decisions. I hope you lavished praise accordingly !

I kept thinking.."Whats wrong with that" then I got confused (several times) as I thought I was reading it wrong/misunderstanding etc!!

Superb!!

And a huge hug to the lady that works there!!!!!! Whoever she is!!!xxxxxxxx

I kept thinking.."Whats wrong with that" then I got confused (several times) as I thought I was reading it wrong/misunderstanding etc!!
Superb!!

Same here!:oops: Well done to the lady who works in that pet shop.:D

Superb!!

same! :lol:

Well done! :) x

orry lassies I was being a bit sarcastic with my post but hey... I was actually shocked at how good the place was, and about all thw advice offered.:D

Its good to see places like these most of the pet shops and garden centres sell livestock weather it be fidh or rabbits:( But nice to hear that some dont:)

Ah, you met Nicole (she has previously mentioned where she works on here so i know she wont mind me naming her). Nicole does a wonderful job at the garden center, i remember when she did sell rabbits, she would have them for months and months waiting for the perfect home, they were is massive hutches with massive runs too. When a rabbit was sold, she would make the owner sign a contract too. She only sells products she believes in, so nothing that is bad for bunnies.

Nicole is a good friend of mine, and she knows her stuff.
Im glad you got a pleasent surprise Crunchie.

ha! i've just realised why, last night, i kept thinking "mmm, a crunchie, i'd like a crunchie...frozen crunchie...crunchie with a cup of tea...mmm" - crunchie, would you consider changing your username to 'green beans'? it would be so much better for my diet...:lol::lol::lol:

I decided to go to a garden centre not far from where I live as I was hoping to purchase a little toy to go in the rabbits new shed. I remember going there last year not long after I got Roly rabbit and imagine my horror when I saw signs next to the guinea pig enclosures advising people that the piggies were not for sale to be kept with rabbits and the reasons behind this.

I'm afraid to say that when I went today things were even worse. There were NO rabbits or piggies for sale any more.

We asked a member of staff who was on duty if they had anything suitable for our buns and we were led to a huge election of toys and treats for rabbits, cats and dogs.

What I found even more shocking was that there were signs up everywhere next to the rabbit stuff explaining about the importance of trivial matters such as flystrike, litter training and neutering your rabbits.

However the most shocking thing is yet to come. The member of staff we spoke to came over to ask if we found something suitable and I asked exactly why there were no more piggies and bunnies for sale any more. Shockingly the lady said that because it looked as though the rabbits and piggies may not have been going to the best homes the centre had stopped selling them. She also went on to say that there were plenty of rabbits and piggies in rescue centres looking for homes and this was another reason the centre had stopped selling them.

I continued talking to this lady and it turned out she kept rabbits herself and was a member of this very forum. I won't give her identity away as she might not want people to know where she works etc. I thought that given we get loads of threads started here about bad pet shops and bad garden centres I'd go and recommend really good one. There was a huge selection of hay, bedding, toys and treats for rabbits and of course the fact they don't sell livestock but instead reommend people go to a rescue I think I'll give them 10/10.

For anyone in central Scotland visit Torwood garden centre just outside Larbert.:D

:lol::lol: I kept rereading the first sentnece thinking I had read it wrong. How blooming marvellous is that???????

Yep, you had me thoroughly confused for the first 3 paragraphs! :lol:

That is brilliant - WELL DONE NICOLE! :thumb:

Back